soft reline material?

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
just curious..

what are you using for lab soft relines?

i like gc but its pretty expensive.

whats your favorite?

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
We have been using permasoft for quite a while now. I like how easy it is to process, shape & polish just wish it held up a little longer for the patients. The docs like it for the same reasons easy adjustments, polishing etc.

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
I use BIOSOFT reline. you can get it in cold cure and heat cure versions. It is an ethyl-methacralate material. The bonding is great and it is so easy to blend and polish.

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
the Biosoft looks interesting ..

do you pack it? jig it?

where are you getting it from?

thanks

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Molloplast-B. Got one cooling as I type. I've got 17min to bust it out and polish it up. PermaSoft looks great for a short while, but then it starts to crack at the crestal ridge.

Gotta' go.....

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
MolloB.jpg

Here it is. Always takes soooooo loooooong for the Lustrol to set.
MolloB.jpg

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Never had one crack or split just doesn't stay soft long enough. Would like something that handles like it but lasts like the molloplast. Has anyone tried the Novus material ?

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
using molloplast B. Tried novus again when it was reintroduced but wasn't as good as i remembered. Heavy chewers break it down fairly fast

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
the Biosoft looks interesting ..

do you pack it? jig it?

where are you getting it from?

thanks

I do all my relines in a closed flask with putty. i guess you can jig it as well however i think it would not look as great. I get it directly from manufacturer. Better health systems inc. 719-488-1990. the best part is that the cold cure version sets up in 20 minutes in pressure pot.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
How does the biosoft compare to the Protech soft? Do U need to use a adhesive? How does it compare to the super gushy soft of vynacron soft denture liner? Protech is good but hardens by 30 months, vynacron is averaging 18-24 months then starts chipping, both & easily adjusted but the vynacron needs sealing like molyplastB.

Last edited:
DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
i have used protech in the past.. i love the way it finishes easy but i find it last about 2 years tops.

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
so this is a little off topic but does anyone know where i can find a carbide "ditching burr".

what it is:
years ago we bought some kind of kit that was designed for putting the names in dentures.
in this kit there was a specialized burr, it was a cylinder carbide and it was built like a small router bit. the idea was it was sorta built like the diamond "depth stop" burrs used by the docs when doing preps. so... it would dig into the acrylic but only down to a certain depth. then the tip end of the bur was just slick with no teeth so it would not allow the burr to go any deeper..

dont think it made names in denture any better or faster but i absolutely loved it for soft relines. i would use it to cut all the way around the periphery of the denture. upper or lower. so the soft reline material would have a perfect stop line butting up to the hard acrylic,.. with depth. about 3 mm. no feathering. made finishing the bond line area an absolute breeze.

worked awesome but i lost it and i cant find another one.. :(

anyone heard of such a thing?

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
How does the biosoft compare to the Protech soft? Do U need to use a adhesive? How does it compare to the super gushy soft of vynacron soft denture liner? Protech is good but hardens by 30 months, vynacron is averaging 18-24 months then starts chipping, both & easily adjusted but the vynacron needs sealing like molyplastB.

It does not need adhesive. It is slightly gushy. It does have a an about 24 month lifespan.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
View attachment 2677

Here it is. Always takes soooooo loooooong for the Lustrol to set.

I noticed your moloplast has expired. I use this as well (very few a year) but I began to get small voids in the SL, and while packing the edges would roll in as if the material was shrinking or wrinkling. I used to always buy the big jar and found that it was always expired before I used it up. I switched to the little jars to eliminate the shelf life issue, and now they come out way nicer, and it might be my imagination but they seem to fit better as well. I'm not sure how much more it costs to buy the small jars but this is one material that I watch closely the expiration date.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
I've purchased jars of Molloplast in the past that looked old the day I opened it (it was rather brown from the start). This reline used up what was left in the jar and the consistency was perfect. I watch the expiration date on several items, but many of them seem contrived. I am in Colorado and we have very low humidity. I keep the Molloplast in the original jar, with its seal, in a cool isolated cabinet. I am quick to get rid of any material that is not handling correctly, even if it is new.

jimi

jimi

Reaction score
never had trouble with expiring molloplast. I don't even consider the date. I always trial pack with a HOT model and it softens up even old molloplast, lets it flow more freely without catching bubbles or lifting from the denture base.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Has anyone tried versacryl as a soft reline material? I have a kit that I have used to add soft retention for hard nightguards but I haven't tried it for a soft reline.

J

Jmichael

Reaction score
Molloplast B for me too. Have not tried microwaving it, press pack/heat cure only.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
nvarras-Versacryl for relines provides a soft, Tempurpedic like softness with slow rebound.
If you would like to reveiw the technique I can pm you my contact info.

heres another use for it
versacryl provisional.jpg
versacryl provisional.jpg