SLM FIT

C

charles007

Reaction score
For those who tried both Bego and Argen, who has the best SLM, and support for SLM.
Yes I know you may need to fine tune your scanner setting on the first few crowns, and yes I know Argen is more of a 3shape milling lab and has less experience with Exocad.

erics24k

erics24k

Reaction score
For those who tried both Bego and Argen, who has the best SLM, and support for SLM.
Yes I know you may need to fine tune your scanner setting on the first few crowns, and yes I know Argen is more of a 3shape milling lab and has less experience with Exocad.

Charles,

You are right in saying that we are more
Im gettin on the train, done casting.. sending Argen some units. Anyone else offering HN SLM?
How is everything working out? We'd love the feedback and are here to support.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive done about 10 units so far, they worked out well.. not sure if the SLM is for me or not.. is too granular for my liking.. I think I will try the print/cast once I figure out what alloy I want to use. The fits were about 95% dead on. One margin was lifted but luckily I could cut it back for a porc margin that the dr ordered anyway. Other than that great fits..

biggest problem was bubbling of the opaque down to the metal. i cut the bubbles off, filled them in with opaque and fired it with porcelain and they fired out fine, didnt blow up.. but that makes me nervous.

erics24k

erics24k

Reaction score
Ive done about 10 units so far, they worked out well.. not sure if the SLM is for me or not.. is too granular for my liking.. I think I will try the print/cast once I figure out what alloy I want to use. The fits were about 95% dead on. One margin was lifted but luckily I could cut it back for a porc margin that the dr ordered anyway. Other than that great fits..

biggest problem was bubbling of the opaque down to the metal. i cut the bubbles off, filled them in with opaque and fired it with porcelain and they fired out fine, didnt blow up.. but that makes me nervous.

Thanks for the feedback. I know what you are saying. Sometimes the nodules on the HN SLM can effect the technique compared to cast and this can happen. We are constantly working to improve. I can have someone get with you and discuss solutions to these issues if you want to send me your info.
You could always go with the same metal in DPM which is Argedent Euro! Many like it better because it is more "traditional" I get all kinds of responses to DPM/SLM and at the end of the day, everyone has their flavor.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I know what you are saying. Sometimes the nodules on the HN SLM can effect the technique compared to cast and this can happen. We are constantly working to improve. I can have someone get with you and discuss solutions to these issues if you want to send me your info.
You could always go with the same metal in DPM which is Argedent Euro! Many like it better because it is more "traditional" I get all kinds of responses to DPM/SLM and at the end of the day, everyone has their flavor.

Eric, what Argen alloy should I request for a non-precious dpm 4 unit bridge?

erics24k

erics24k

Reaction score
Eric, what Argen alloy should I request for a non-precious dpm 4 unit bridge?

Argeloy NP Supreme would be the choice. It's the only NP we offer in DPM. Both Ni and Be free.
Here is a new detailed list of everything digital in detail. Including the 5 new alloys added to the DPM line.

Attachments

• Digital_Products_Offering_FLY V_0615.pdf
    630 KB · Views: 15
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think the biggest problem I have is that , although I cant prove it, ever since argen loaded their new portal, none of my outputs work.. and its taking me hours to figure it out.. BangheadBangheadBanghead

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
The less rotten I found in France is on Phenix machine , I'll put photo tomorrow 14 ele !

M

Marc @ Argen

Reaction score
@Affinity: I just left you a voice mail. When you have a chance please give us a call at Argen. We will get you sorted out. Thanks!

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
DSC00142.JPG

Capture01.jpg
DSC00143.JPG

Capture02.jpg
DSC00144.JPG

Capture03.jpg

Always details that disappear (???)

Last edited:
French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
It's not for me Ken, it is for a fellow who doesn't have cad cam ...
Of course I prefer ZR if it's for my lab ....

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Wanted to follow up and see if anyone else has had problems with HN slm copings bubbling opaque down to the metal? It keeps happening to me.. I finished the metal with a new white stone.. maybe thats the problem? They mention using a carbide, which works fine for the margins but maybe I should not resurface them?

I blast at 60psi with 50micron alox before degas and opaque after....
Heres the twist.. I did a few units last week that were the same metal, Euro HN dpm copings and had no issues with bubbling at all... maybe the grainy nature of the metal traps gas?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would try multiple wash bakes.

or beno.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I put a thin first coat.. ive since opened up all the bubbles and opaqued them 4 more times.... so wheres the time savings of digital copings.....? It happens too much to be coincidence and the fact that it only happens to slm copings means my usual technique works fine.. its not just a few bubbles.. its the entire coping, bubbles ranging from microscopic porosity to 1mm bubbles..

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I put a thin first coat.. ive since opened up all the bubbles and opaqued them 4 more times.... so wheres the time savings of digital copings.....? It happens too much to be coincidence and the fact that it only happens to slm copings means my usual technique works fine.. its not just a few bubbles.. its the entire coping, bubbles ranging from microscopic porosity to 1mm bubbles..

what alloy? from where?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Euro slm from argen