Shofu porcelain and Ep5000 furnace

C

Crownu2

Reaction score
Hey Guys and gals, Can you help me with a good firing parameters for the Ep5000 furnace and Shofu porc! , I'm having a hard time with my PFM's and the look of the porcelain after firing.

The bridges are what I'm having a hard time with I'm getting some tears in the porcelain but not in the interproximal were one would most likely get it, its opening up any were it wants!

I've been a ceramist for 26years now and ever since I got this new furnace Ep5000 nothing but problems its almost as if its pulling to much Vacuum or firing to high even the incisal seems to be a little on gray the side, which means a little hot "right"? ..

Does this furnace fire a little on hot side? or do you think I'm starting the vac to early of to late, I'm also getting a little creeping of the porc at the margin which I never got in my Ney sunfrie 60....So I don't know maybe one of you my laboratory colleagues can help me figure this out with me and get this porc looking terrific again...

By the way I just got inline porc and its doing the same thing even with the factory firing settings built in the furnace, and WOW is that inline Porc translucent..

also my Emax Porc singles fire perfectly they look awesome but the PFM's look like Sh$t...

Thank for your help guys.

Tony