New sintering furnace help

B

Bowman1989

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and looking for some help please.

I just got a new Ivoclar S2 sintering furnace. Problem I’m having is that shades are coming out much darker than my old vita furnace.

I’m using sagemax white zirconium with sagemax dipping liquid. I was using a sintering tray with beads and a lid in the old setup and the Ivoclar furnace came with their double tray no lid obviously.

Trying to figure out how to setup this furnace with possibly a different program that will lighten my shades up. Right now I’m coming out about 2 shades darker on everything. Thanks for any help.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and looking for some help please.

I just got a new Ivoclar S2 sintering furnace. Problem I’m having is that shades are coming out much darker than my old vita furnace.

I’m using sagemax white zirconium with sagemax dipping liquid. I was using a sintering tray with beads and a lid in the old setup and the Ivoclar furnace came with their double tray no lid obviously.

Trying to figure out how to setup this furnace with possibly a different program that will lighten my shades up. Right now I’m coming out about 2 shades darker on everything. Thanks for any help.
Are you using a preinstalled program or are you using an individual program that you put in?

I am attaching the programs that were designed to fire NexxZr in the S1/S1-1600/S2. These should help.

Attachments

• nexxzr-zirconia-sintering-parameters-programat-s1.pdf
    638.9 KB · Views: 21
B

Bowman1989

Reaction score
Are you using a preinstalled program or are you using an individual program that you put in?

I am attaching the programs that were designed to fire NexxZr in the S1/S1-1600/S2. These should help.
I used an individual program and set it up according to the sagemax sheet. I used the long duration program for 1-20 units that you included. I spoke with Ivoclar and he suggested raising my temp by 10 degrees from 1530 to 1540. I’m going to try running that tonight. Any other suggestions?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I used an individual program and set it up according to the sagemax sheet. I used the long duration program for 1-20 units that you included. I spoke with Ivoclar and he suggested raising my temp by 10 degrees from 1530 to 1540. I’m going to try running that tonight. Any other suggestions?
I am a Technical Consultant at Ivoclar as well.

I also would try upping the temperature, but before that I would also run a calibration on the furnace. I know it is brand new, but I have seen a couple furnaces come from the factory and they needed to be calibrated. I would also run a cleaning program (in settings menu) and then the standard program (P1) with absolutely nothing in the furnace except the sintering tray. This will burn off any of the manufacturing residue that may be left in the furnace, as I have seen this be an issue as well.

B

Bowman1989

Reaction score
I am a Technical Consultant at Ivoclar as well.

I also would try upping the temperature, but before that I would also run a calibration on the furnace. I know it is brand new, but I have seen a couple furnaces come from the factory and they needed to be calibrated. I would also run a cleaning program (in settings menu) and then the standard program (P1) with absolutely nothing in the furnace except the sintering tray. This will burn off any of the manufacturing residue that may be left in the furnace, as I have seen this be an issue as well.
Ok I’ll try that as well. I was told to calibrate it after I tried it again as well. I did run the furnace with only the sintering tray for the first time over the weekend per the manual. Thank you for the help!