Roland dwx42 w

S

Smiletech1

Reaction score
Hello, I am considering purchasing the dwx 42w for milling anterior restorations mainly-veneers and crowns. Anyone have one of these or hear anything about them? Wondering how the quality of the milled restoration compares to say Weiland select mill or programill. Hard to find anything on Dwx42...
Thank you!

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hello, I am considering purchasing the dwx 42w for milling anterior restorations mainly-veneers and crowns. Anyone have one of these or hear anything about them? Wondering how the quality of the milled restoration compares to say Weiland select mill or programill. Hard to find anything on Dwx42...
Thank you!
I think this is a wet mill. Is that what you want? Unless you want DWX52?

S

Smiletech1

Reaction score
Yes, about to buy this wetmill, looking for anyone who knows anything about them.

C

Chad Gardner

Reaction score
I have the Roland 52D and it is a tank! A bit slower than other mills but I believe that’s why it is so dependable. I have a friend with the 42 wet mill and he has never had a problem with it in 2 years. And his crowns are beautiful. I’m going to get one January 2021. I wanna see how the AmberMill pucks do for a little longer before buying.
For the price and quality, it’s hard to beat Roland IMO.

S

Smiletech1

Reaction score
I have the Roland 52D and it is a tank! A bit slower than other mills but I believe that’s why it is so dependable. I have a friend with the 42 wet mill and he has never had a problem with it in 2 years. And his crowns are beautiful. I’m going to get one January 2021. I wanna see how the AmberMill pucks do for a little longer before buying.
For the price and quality, it’s hard to beat Roland IMO.

S

Smiletech1

Reaction score
Hi chad, thanks for the info. I am wondering how the fit is compared to some of the slightly more expensive wet mills such as the weiland zenotech.
also, wondering if the fact that it’s a 4 axis instead of 5 factors into the above.

C

Chad Gardner

Reaction score
Hi chad, thanks for the info. I am wondering how the fit is compared to some of the slightly more expensive wet mills such as the weiland zenotech.
also, wondering if the fact that it’s a 4 axis instead of 5 factors into the above.
Again based off a friend’s crown’s he’s done for me, they fit perfect and no need for 5 axis for C&B. Less chipping at the margins because of its slow speed IMO.
I think that’s the reason the mills have so few problems. They don’t try to mill it in 2 minutes. I’m no expert and only have experience with Roland and 2 other Korean mills. The Korean mills are fast, do more but they start having problems after a year or two depending on use. Small sample size but it’s what I have seen.