Roland DWX 50 Vs. Wieland Zenotec Mini

M

MoonShaun

Reaction score
I am sure that you guys have already talked about this somewhere on this thread before. I am new here and new to the milling aspect of lab work. I have heard a lot of great things about the DWX 50 and a few good things about the Mini. I just have not read a lot of reviews on the Mini, I am very interest in both and wanting to see what you guys think. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Looking at biting the bullet in the next month or so and picking one up. We currently our using 3 Shape and outsourcing our milling.
Shaun

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Mini:
Screw drive (very accurate)
Jäger spindle, (air driven more torque)
Electronic touch off (more accurate but a pain in the ARSE as well)
4 Axis
Comes with a basic CNC controller and cam software, very user friendly, fast and a no brainer.
Good suction Design

Roland DWX-50
Belt drive axis (not screw driven, less accurate)
Belt Drive Spindle (not air Driven less torque)
5 Axis
Vpanel to auto start Cams
No Cam software Optioanl 3rd party is needed (sum3D, Work NC, DelCam)
decent suction Design

Both around the same price range, mini is a tad more. Both will get the job done. Both are great machines. Depend on what you are going for, simple crown and bridge or preateau style full arches.

As Bob from CAP would say "5 Axis and never look back."

Roland you can use ANY tools you want, sierra, Zro2 etc anything with a 4mm shaft,. Mini you are very very limited to tolls able to be used due to the electronic touch off system. Other will chine in with other tings I might of left off.

Hope this helps

Sevan

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
You may want to wait Shaun. Just spoke with Wieland and they are coming out with a 5 axis in October. This unit will mill everything the mini will, and emax and metal. Holds 6 or 8 discs of different materials. Looks impressive. Not sure of the cost. I was about to pull the trigger on the roland, and will wait a couple more months now to see this before deciding. Hope this helps. Ron.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Wieland Select or the Impression S5 wet option, mechanical touch off no more electronics and crashing of burs due to ZR dust interference. 16 tool holder auto disk changer CadBlu said they have it in testing and it is priced around $44k Looks like a promising little mill CrCo not sure about Ti. But glass for sure depending on CAM Software.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
If you primary reason for purchase is milling Zirconia PMMA and or Wax I would go with the 5 axis Roland DWX50. We run 4 of then day and night. We are finding spindle life double (or more) than what the manufacturer is suggesting. Simple to learn and use, quite efficient and you can mill THE most complex cases on it. We are producing full arch screw retained zirconia bridges that fit great on the Roland. Also has a great price point. So it doesn't require around the clock milling to have a very favorable ROI.
If your looking to mill ceramics and metal you should also include Imes Icore. German built, Imes is now manufacturing 6 or 7 dental specific mills designed for specific applications. Wide variety of pricing and really nice comprehensive product line.

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Sevan, do these I other wet/dry units mill emax? Supposed the select will.
Wieland Select or the Impression S5 wet option, mechanical touch off no more electronics and crashing of burs due to ZR dust interference. 16 tool holder auto disk changer CadBlu said they have it in testing and it is priced around $44k Looks like a promising little mill CrCo not sure about Ti. But glass for sure depending on CAM Software.

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Bob, do you sell Roland mills? Thanks.
If you primary reason for purchase is milling Zirconia PMMA and or Wax I would go with the 5 axis Roland DWX50. We run 4 of then day and night. We are finding spindle life double (or more) than what the manufacturer is suggesting. Simple to learn and use, quite efficient and you can mill THE most complex cases on it. We are producing full arch screw retained zirconia bridges that fit great on the Roland. Also has a great price point. So it doesn't require around the clock milling to have a very favorable ROI.
If your looking to mill ceramics and metal you should also include Imes Icore. German built, Imes is now manufacturing 6 or 7 dental specific mills designed for specific applications. Wide variety of pricing and really nice comprehensive product line.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Was told price on new Wieland 55 to 65 k

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Sounds right. Ivoclar quoted me $28K for the mini with suction and said the select would be close to double that. I'm excited about milling emax in this machine. supposedly the blue blocks will be available direct to labs instead of dealers and the select will hold 6 blocks in each of the 8 disc holders for a total of 48 blocks, of various lengths for single units and bridges.
Was told price on new Wieland 55 to 65 k

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Sevan, do these I other wet/dry units mill emax? Supposed the select will.

iMes 450i and any other wet mill should be able to mill e.max cad just as long as the CAM software has the proper holder as a template so you can place the units in the right location. Otherwise it is a guessing game.

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a Wieland Mini for about a year and a half. In that time I milled about 9000 pieces in wax/zirconia/pmma and never had any problems.
95% of my jobs do not need 5-axis.

I do not know how is the Roland but the Mini is being just perfect.

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Adolfo, what do you do for the 5 % that need 5 axis? Thanks.

QUOTE=Adolfo;115996]Hello.

I have a Wieland Mini for about a year and a half. In that time I milled about 9000 pieces in wax/zirconia/pmma and never had any problems.
95% of my jobs do not need 5-axis.

I do not know how is the Roland but the Mini is being just perfect.[/QUOTE]

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
sent it to sintering or a milling center...

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Wieland Mini is running a Promo. Its like 25 dics free with purchase of the Mini. Ask you Rep.
I have mine on the way, Plus they threw in all the FCZ colors A1 - D4 and all the modifiers. :)
Pretty sweet.. Tad

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Wieland Mini is running a Promo. Its like 25 dics free with purchase of the Mini. Ask you Rep.
I have mine on the way, Plus they threw in all the FCZ colors A1 - D4 and all the modifiers. :)
Pretty sweet.. Tad

That is a good deal, Ivoclar is smart they are gong to move the last units prior to the new mill in Oct. the mini really is a great little mill that acts like a much higher end mill in my opinion.

I would buy one again and actually may pick up another one when they bottom out in price.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Have a look at the contruktion of the imes 240( with option wet) same price i have the mini too with sum (minis sold with DS standard or advance) but these are two different engins one industrial one i call it miky mouse.but it works.Or the 250 i 5 axes .Try to import to the mini with contruktioninfo direkt from Exocad an see whats hapend in 30 % very funny .This objekt cant be imported 5 axes needed than you make manual import with manual orientation very funny.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Just recently got our DWX-50 setup and running. Has anyone used the diamond coated burs in this mill? How many units are they getting before they need to be changed? BTW. I love this mill! I anticipated not enjoying the cam software as much as the zenocam i've used for awhile because it is so user friendly and clean but the Sum3D is pretty awesome! Thanks CAP for answering any questions and being so helpful!

brian1981

brian1981

Reaction score
Diamond burs are great, I would say I'm getting anywhere between 200-250 units out of the diamond burs! Much better than carbide burs, they cost more but way way better!!!

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Diamond burs are great, I would say I'm getting anywhere between 200-250 units out of the diamond burs! Much better than carbide burs, they cost more but way way better!!!

how many units on average were you getting with carbide burs?

Top Bottom