Restorations Du Jour

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Excellent work Martintay !!

Love the cut backs and the cervical stains !

C

charles007

Reaction score
Really nice work martintay :)
This is the typical kind of case that we all get when so many labs make the same mistakes. You end up seeing wide crowns that look like extra wide chiclets with color.. Superb job rounding up incisal edges and line angles.
It takes alot of talent to pull this off and not look fake looking... WELL DONE
Charles

Last edited:
M

martintay

Reaction score
DSC_1241(1).JPG This is a better "Sprinkle" shot - but I had to compress the file ?

M

martintay

Reaction score
Any chance of "Auto -compression " DSC_1241.JPG

M

martintay

Reaction score
Really nice work martintay :)
This is the typical kind of case that we all get when so many labs make the same mistakes. You end up seeing wide crowns that look like extra wide chiclets with color.. Superb job rounding up incisal edges and line angles.
It takes alot of talent to pull this off and not look fake looking... WELL DONE
Charles
Thankyou Sir.

JPA

JPA

Reaction score
Nice work!!!!
Just things I noticed. Colour and shape are great, what do you bond with? Did you have to do bite adjustment?
Good stuff!
IV
No bite adjustment. I cemented that one with 3m rely x U200 color A2. Thanks.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Hi Mokome, Bonded and others,

Nice remarks and I can see them good - thanks :) But I also need to write down that the high polish is made on purpose, because we had some minor problems with gingiva (see picture again).
So it is better to be polished good - it was a decision made in the docs office before cementation and I have repolished the crowns.
I can take away this high gloss anytime. The picture is taken right after cementation, so you can see the lower teeth are much whiter then in the situacion picture, because they were exposed to the air during cement.

But anyway I know it is not perfect and still there is always the next time to hold on and make it even better :) but the pacient smiles again and this is also good to see.

I would also like to say that I am working for years with pacients directly, so they have given me a new dimension in building the teeth for them. The natural look came much closer then building through a wish paper from the docs office with a nummber on it, like A3.
This is also why I like Al.s thinking with those monolitic crows entering the market and flooding it with crows that don't look natural or lifelike crowns that we can produce and stay still in business - so no worries there.

So this is a point in my life, were new doctors are asking me to make some crowns for them, and I have to decide were to do it or not (And I mean making the crowns through pictures and post office). I also know that the results will not be in this range that I am posting. So even less good.
Doctors also have never such a wish for the teeth (form, color, look etc.) than the pacient has.
The opposite - Pacients are willing to spend hours and hours with you, just to get a better set of natural looking teeth made directly for them - and I have just a few exclusions in years of work.

But at the other end of the story - this can be also a very stressfull situacion. And you are also taking a lot of responsibility. You are some kind of a 'wishmaker'

This is a case, were I needed to replace all but the 4 lower teeth.
The pacient wanted the lower to match their neighbours and the upper to slightly match the lower, but look whiter, bigger and not to white, because they must be bigger and the should not look to solid or full again, because they need to be bigger and longer.
It is hard for me to explain in the foreign language, but you can look at the pictures for yourself.

View attachment 11799

In the mean time they have also teached me, not to mess to much in the incisal area and I know it looks good on the pictures, but If you give them the options, they don't buy it etc.....

View attachment 11800

View attachment 11801

Instead of staining the cervical area, it is better to clean the natural teeth area and use less stain on the produced crowns :)

View attachment 11802

So this is why I was asking for some advice about posting and sending. I am not saying I am buying it.
Anyway this is also my last post about this, because I don't want to bother you with my decision problems :)

Mokome - #781 is layered e-max, but not e-max porc.
View attachment 11799 View attachment 11800 View attachment 11801 View attachment 11802
This is a great site - YES ! Maybe I`m wrong but I feel some great tech`s are leaving because of harsh and personal comments ? This is one of them ( IMO ). What do we all think about being "Less Hostile" and less insulting ? I realize this only applies too the few , but if it drives people away I think its not good for anyone on here or DLN. Feel free to click Disagree - I won`t be offended :)

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Martintay,
I am like you, I do not like name calling and disrespecting participants. Name calling starts when somebody loses his or her argument and resort to shouting and putting people dawn hoping to win his or her lost cause. He or she might have a valid argument and a good idea, but it is lost with this way of behavior. We have to try and work on building bridges instead of destroying them. People who are behaving this way lack inner peace that propel them to think and care about others.:)

At this time on the passing of a great man Nelson Mandela who once said, holding grudges, hate and resentment for others is like " drinking the poison and hoping for your enemy to die"

Last edited:
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
This is a great site - YES ! Maybe I`m wrong but I feel some great tech`s are leaving because of harsh and personal comments ? This is one of them ( IMO ). What do we all think about being "Less Hostile" and less insulting ? I realize this only applies too the few , but if it drives people away I think its not good for anyone on here or DLN. Feel free to click Disagree - I won`t be offended :)
I blame the Ottawanian. Been trouble for years......
....or is it Ottaweenie?
What do you call someone from Ottawa?
Great techs are leaving? Who?

M

martintay

Reaction score
I`ve been reading this thread today from the beginning , as I joined after it started ! Should have read it a long time ago as so interesting and great to see the buzz that everyone was getting from Al`s first post`s.Then many others started too post great work and get good responses. True "Learning" atmosphere :) This seems to be fading on some threads with a lot of "Bickering" ?? Maybe I`m reading things wrong ? The atmosphere appears too be changing- a few don`t appear too be here now and some others are posting less IMO.

M

martintay

Reaction score
I`ve also had a few PM`s asking advice ( Which I have replied too ) It appears these people are afraid too post in public ? even though I suggested many others could also benefit ! Not the idea of a forum IMO we are all here too learn from others ? My reason for being here at least. If I was just starting in this trade I think I may be worried about posting as well !

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
People get busy. I would like to post more but life gets in the way. If there is someone you do not like just find the ignore on there avatar and click it, this will ignore them, its as though they don't exist on the site.

Lets keep this on track, this is case presentations.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I remember slowater,,

I asked him why he overlapped the centrals he posted and he proceeded to insult me.

Apparently I am an above average technician because I can't comprehend overlapped centrals as being "esthetic".

Does oral hygene become our reponsibility at any point ?
I don't miss his arrogance!