Restorations Du Jour

M

martintay

Reaction score
People get busy. I would like to post more but life gets in the way. If there is someone you do not like just find the ignore on there avatar and click it, this will ignore them, its as though they don't exist on the site.

Lets keep this on track, this is case presentations.
Thank you Travis - I haven`t got a problem with anyone on here , I`m just concerned that others have ? It would be nice too see more interaction for the benefit of everyone. We are all in the same trade ? I would like too encouraged the new guys who will replace us at some point.

M

martintay

Reaction score
It is on "Track" - This is only an example. This just happens too be a thread I like , as it relates to my type of work hopefully :) I`m not singling anyone out , but I visit many forums with less "Agro"

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Agro?
Somebody help me out here.

M

martintay

Reaction score
I remember slowater,,

I asked him why he overlapped the centrals he posted and he proceeded to insult me.

Apparently I am an above average technician because I can't comprehend overlapped centrals as being "esthetic".

Does oral hygene become our reponsibility at any point ?
I don't miss his arrogance!
I like you first comments , but cannot agree that he was arrogant ? I enjoy your regular input , but feel he was contributing a lot of time and effort. This wasn`t aimed at you - its just an example of a good tech who has gone :) I am involved with other groups , but still like this one because of the varied experiences . In some cases over a life-time.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Sorry "English" - Hassle I guess ?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I like you first comments , but cannot agree that he was arrogant ? I enjoy your regular input , but feel he was contributing a lot of time and effort. This wasn`t aimed at you - its just an example of a good tech who has gone :) I am involved with other groups , but still like this one because of the varied experiences . In some cases over a life-time.

Fair points martintay, I like to push buttons to stimulate debate. I find we learn when counterpoints are made rather than when there is full agreement ( hello inlab study club).

However toes and egos do get stepped on when that happens. I think there is a lot of pent up frustration that we deal with from clients that pay our bills and DLN can be a conduit for release.

Sticking your neck out and posting pics can be a humbling experience for sure.

Everytime you or Al post your beautiful work on here I vow to never post again . So perhaps Travis could create a forum for us "above average" techs that don't work in our pajamas ;)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
...oh and I thought Vermont was for Lovers?

M

martintay

Reaction score
Fair points martintay, I like to push buttons to stimulate debate. I find we learn when counterpoints are made rather than when there is full agreement ( hello inlab study club).

However toes and egos do get stepped on when that happens. I think there is a lot of pent up frustration that we deal with from clients that pay our bills and DLN can be a conduit for release.

Sticking your neck out and posting pics can be a humbling experience for sure.

Everytime you or Al post your beautiful work on here I vow to never post again . So perhaps Travis could create a forum for us "above average" techs that don't work in our pajamas ;)
I`m only average RKM , I just want to encourage others for their future benefit . I feel this too be an obligation as my time will be done in X years. The times I`ve seen you post pics they have been EXCELLENT :) Maybe I`m wrong but I genuinely fell we should try too help others ? You could help many I feel as you are a high end experienced technician - agreed ?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I`m only average RKM , I just want to encourage others for their future benefit . I feel this too be an obligation as my time will be done in X years. The times I`ve seen you post pics they have been EXCELLENT :) Maybe I`m wrong but I genuinely fell we should try too help others ? You could help many I feel as you are a high end experienced technician - agreed ?

Absolutely agree ( the helping part ;))

Sharing our experience on here is invaluable .
Imagine if we had the internet back when we we starting out. Imagine where we would be by now.

I have learned soooo much on here . We have instant information from every corner of the world (and even Vermont :bear:.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Absolutely agree ( the helping part ;))

Sharing our experience on here is invaluable .
Imagine if we had the internet back when we we starting out. Imagine where we would be by now.

I have learned soooo much on here . We have instant information from every corner of the world (and even Vermont :bear:.
Agreed , I for one would like too encourage more people too "Post" ! Be it good / bad or ugly ! Lets not rip them to shreds - lets give "Constructive help/ criticism" and see how it goes :)

M

martintay

Reaction score
Emax - vacuum started @ 650`C !!! Seems to give a denser ceramic with no effect on shade/clarity ! comp.jpg comp1.jpg

M

martintay

Reaction score
An emax "Guru" told me :) Dry time the same / heat rate 35`C- min /Top temp on first bake 780 `C !!

Porosity 0 .

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Nice work Martintay, I'll try your parameters next time.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Its a shame there is no "standard" for ceramic ovens across the boards. Some over shoot high temp more then others etc.. One manufacturer developed an extremely accurate oven, only to find that the ceramics didn't mature well. It appears ceramic manufacturers are trying to head off the inaccuracies within furnaces as well?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk