Restorations Du Jour

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
great patient for a neuromuscular full mouth rehabilitation

M

mokome

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I've been wanting to upload something but I don't have the camera nor my dentist gives me digital images though they use digital camera, and so rare for them to send me even photos after restoration was seated. Finally here is a one and looks so bad because I just scanned(by JPEG) regular photo prints and uploading. The top is the one somebody else did 2 centrals and PT didn't like and the bottom is the one I did afterward and PT is happy.

Maybe someone can tell me if there is a way to scan better for uploading.

slideshow434.jpg

JPA

JPA

Reaction score
This one I cemented today. Single crown 30 mono HT A1 stained as needed. 20131004_090645.jpg 20131004_090702.jpg 2013-11-13 13.37.58.png

C

charles007

Reaction score
A little grey looking. I would use one shade lighter ingot if using HT's on posteriors and stain like Jason said.. and even 2 shades lighter sometimes depending on the case..
Never tried using HT on medium to darker shades,,,
Actually got away from using HT'S.. Don't trust them even though they look GREAT on models.

JPA

JPA

Reaction score
A little grey looking. I would use one shade lighter ingot if using HT's on posteriors and stain like Jason said.. and even 2 shades lighter sometimes depending on the case..
Never tried using HT on medium to darker shades,,,
Actually got away from using HT'S.. Don't trust them even though they look GREAT on models.
Yes you are right. This was one Shade lighter , two shades would have been better. The patient liked it but for in my opinion needed a little bit lighter. The thing with HT is the margins blend beautifully. That's very important when supragingival cuts or the patient suffers gingival recesion after some time.

C

charles007

Reaction score
JPA....most of the time we're lucky on posteriors, patients are color blind and don't care about a molar being to light or dark,,.... anteriors, different story, patients usually wants the lightest possible shade..
Took a shade yesterday on 8,9.. 1m1 chosen.. Patient wanted me to use a lighter shade until we educated her on what Fake looking crowns means....lol
btw: Your molar really looked more than ok, very nice :) just pointing out to other techs about using a lighter ingot when using HT'S on posteriors..

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Martintay, very nice work.

The case on the second pictures is tough, but you did your best and they look nice.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Didn`t get pre-op photo`s with the second case until it was fitted !! Otherwise I would have shaded differently ! Very tricky case !!!

M

martintay

Reaction score
This week - and no the margins aren't "Short" DSC_1407(1).JPG