Reduction Copings

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
How can you guys NOT charge for it? Thats just plan dumb, the doctor did not do his job required to fullfill his prescription that HE/SHE ordered. By your lab making a reduction coping you are saving the dentist money on chair time and patient time. Some labs bend over backwards way too much for dentist that should not even have a license.

You guys do like making money for doing a job right?

I love it when labs nickel and dime their doctors. Those doctors call us and say they are sick of it......so, when I give them a complimentary reduction coping, the doctor loves it. It helps them, and they help me. It's cheap marketing cost for me. Add up what you spend on acquiring a new doctor, and you'll soon see that the cost of making a reduction coping is peanuts in the big picture of client retention. Our entry level metal tech makes them so our cost is not an issue and the benefit is faaaaarrrrrrr greater.

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
I love it when labs nickel and dime their doctors. Those doctors call us and say they are sick of it......so, when I give them a complimentary reduction coping, the doctor loves it. It helps them, and they help me. It's cheap marketing cost for me. Add up what you spend on acquiring a new doctor, and you'll soon see that the cost of making a reduction coping is peanuts in the big picture of client retention. Our entry level metal tech makes them so our cost is not an issue and the benefit is faaaaarrrrrrr greater.

If you need to make a reduction coping, your dentist doesn't know what he/she is doing, so retaining that dentist does not come as priority period. There are thousands and thousands of dentist's, losing 1 or 2 turds should not hurt your bottom line. If you hurt for work maybe.......? But if you think your are nickel and dimming because you didn't give it to them for free that's ridiculously........send the work they give to to china and really cut their lab bill in half if all your in this business is to just make the dentist money.

By all means though if you prefer to do work and not get paid for it have at it.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
If you need to make a reduction coping, your dentist doesn't know what he/she is doing, so retaining that dentist does not come as priority period. There are thousands and thousands of dentist's, losing 1 or 2 turds should not hurt your bottom line. If you hurt for work maybe.......? But if you think your are nickel and dimming because you didn't give it to them for free that's ridiculously........send the work they give to to china and really cut their lab bill in half if all your in this business is to just make the dentist money.

By all means though if you prefer to do work and not get paid for it have at it.

"Our entry level metal tech makes them so our cost is not an issue and the benefit is faaaaarrrrrrr greater."

My valueable time is zero on a reduction coping..... so MY actual time cost is spent on valuable billing. Not hurting for work because this business model has strengthened my relationships with docs when other labs are pushing them away out the door because docs feel punished for making a misjudgement on a prep...... next time you get a warning for a traffic ticket, make sure you tell the cop you'd rather pay the full fine for the infraction.....we all misjudge procedures at some time or another.

Matrix

Matrix

Reaction score
Good luck on that. By the way how long have you been working with dentists?

I do believe in coaching my clients but to tell them to bring back the patient when a simple reduction coping will work...Well...
I have even left small pen lights at their offices, because when a light is shinned through most impression materials you can see the thin areas. they usually forget to look though.
My job is to make them look good even when they miss something.

How long? Owned my own crown and bridge lab since 1980. Not sure my style of management and communication would work for you, but it has for me the last 32 years. I know, I am one of the few dinosaurs left around here but I have learned allot over the years.:)

Last edited:
EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
How long? Owned my own crown and bridge lab since 1980. Not sure my style of management and communication would work for you, but it has for me the last 32 years. I know, I am one of the few dinosaurs left around here but I have learned allot over the years.:)

I to consider myself a dinosaur, as I have been in the field since 1979, but have only owned my Lab since 1995.(a newbie I guess) While I may disagree with you on some of your communication techniques I totally hear what it is you are saying and agree with much. I just haven't found that approach to work for me. I really try to make a case work if possible before requesting the patient to return and new impressions be taken.
Different approaches is what makes the world go around. More power to ya.

J

jkivimaki

Reaction score
we cast them out of NP and I charge $35. I have never had anybody complain. Even my price conscience (cheap) dr's pay this. I found that when I was not charging for them then I was having to do a whole lot more of them. Now Im starting to do telescopic coping out of zirconia and tooth shading them for bridges. I haven't had any complaints about that either. I don't know how much to charge so I just made up $70.

M

macminn

Reaction score
Yes, we use the flowable Primotec stuff. Love it. MUCH easier to use that duralay or gc resin. Doesn't slump as much, no mixing or salt and pepper technique.
Great stuff!

anil patel

anil patel

Reaction score
GC inital zr porcelain power

today i use new ceramic power for zirconia crown ,i use A3 shade and get the lite shade ,LIKE A1
who is use GC ZR CERAMIC POWER