Primescan

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I have a couple of Dr.'s with the primescan unit. Recently a office received one and is having issues with the bites. When I receive other IOS casework I receive the bite scan and some times I have to re-align it? I mentioned to the dr that it may be best to scan the bite before prep and anesthesia take hold, but he said he tried and could not circumvent the protocol set up in the system? Anyone have a solution? I am not familiar enouoghwith that IOS system. Thanks

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Sounds like the dr doesn’t have much experience either.
Tell him to check the bite before sending the files and keep scanning until he gets it right.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I have a couple of Dr.'s with the primescan unit. Recently a office received one and is having issues with the bites. When I receive other IOS casework I receive the bite scan and some times I have to re-align it? I mentioned to the dr that it may be best to scan the bite before prep and anesthesia take hold, but he said he tried and could not circumvent the protocol set up in the system? Anyone have a solution? I am not familiar enouoghwith that IOS system. Thanks
This is a problem that his tech support for his scanner should be able to solve. We are not IOS tech support.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score

9ee4a015b8e4fa691f2dcfc2e087399d.gif

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Spoke with him today and mentioned he should be able to scan the bite first and he mentioned if he does the tooth won't be prepped and match the bite scan when it puts it together. He also mentioned when the Rep dropped it off, she said just scan the buccal aspect until the software dings. When that happens you've captured enough, I mentioned to maybe call her to adjust the bites he has issues with. My 2 cents?

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I just say "Jeez...I don't know, what are you gonna do?"
:eek:

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Spoke with him today and mentioned he should be able to scan the bite first and he mentioned if he does the tooth won't be prepped and match the bite scan when it puts it together. He also mentioned when the Rep dropped it off, she said just scan the buccal aspect until the software dings. When that happens you've captured enough, I mentioned to maybe call her to adjust the bites he has issues with. My 2 cents?
Yeah, you need to put the ball back in the doctor's court. Just explain to them that you are not trained on how their scanners work. Explain that, for instance, when you have a problem related to scanning or digital design, you call the company you purchased the equipment from and speak with someone in tech support that can solve the problem.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Bite scanning is an issue evidently. A lot of my digital case i get the bites are not correct. Seems like this should not be an issue. Doesn't matter which scanner either. I think its related to not scanning the bite well enough.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Most those scanners have a 'manual alignment' that the Doc can do on their end. I know exocad you can do it as well (not sure about 3Shape) but that shouldn't be our responsibility. Same as marking margins, I have all my Docs do it, we will verify but they have to mark. Hence why I like Medit, that 'reject' button is a powerful button and tends to get Docs in line very fast. Wish all the scanner portals had it.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
You cannot scan the bite first because it has to correlate the upper and lower scans before it will accept the bite.
However the primescan software has the ability to verify the bite by viewing the contact points of the occlusion. The bite can be adjusted in the software.
Or by just looking at what you are doing when you scan the bite. It’s not hard to tell if a patient is in an eccentric position.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
We have the most bite issues with the Trios scans we get.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Just because the software dinged doesn't mean they captured enough data for the bite. They need to capture minimum 4 teeth per arch. And tell them don't be lazy and scan the whole arch, working side and antagonist.

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
We have a primescan here at the clinic and I don't have issues with bites. They shouldn't trust the green check and they should verify the occlusion with heat maps before sending it to make sure the occlusion from the prep scan isn't clipping with the antagonist.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
With doctor permission I sometimes adjust the bite on Primscan and Trios scans in Exocad with no issues

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
So now instead of a craftsman, you have to become a 3D CAD engineer....while they expect free models and crowns for $75.

And they scratch their heads why this profession is declining.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
So now instead of a craftsman, you have to become a 3D CAD engineer....while they expect free models and crowns for $75.

And they scratch their heads why this profession is declining.
I have some knowledge what the dental insurance companies pay the dentist, it is not much after paying the lab and office expenses, and now I know a few dentists and increasing who stop dealing with dental insurance companies all together. if patients pay directory to dentist that is a different story, but very few.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I have some knowledge what the dental insurance companies pay the dentist, it is not much after paying the lab and office expenses, and now I know a few dentists and increasing who stop dealing with dental insurance companies all together. if patients pay directory to dentist that is a different story, but very few.
Agree, there is an insurance provider one on my accounts hasn't accepted for years, due to the low reimbursement paid out by them.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
With doctor permission I sometimes adjust the bite on Primscan and Trios scans in Exocad with no issues
I adjust most or all my bites in Exocad regardless of the scan..
first thing I do is go expert, right click, adjust antagonist.