Implant case by oral scan

C

chohk246

Reaction score
Hi, guys, I got an implant case with an iTero oral scan and this is my first implant case with an oral scan and Dr sent me two scan files which are lower with scan body and upper so it looks like the bite is off because of the scan body so may you guys help me how to get the right bite and currently I am using the dental system. I really appreciate it.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
did the doctor take the bite scan with the scan bodies still attached to implants?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Sounds like it’s the dr’s first oral scan too.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
He did take a bite scan itero doesn't release it, they are planning on launching this feature but don't hold your breathe. Here is my workflow.
Workflow A
Import or create a new order. When RX opens after import select digital impression and then select gingival scan next to the pre op. If you create a new order it should automatically select once you select abutment module. Gingival scan is only turned on when you select abutment module also. Set antagonist to Antagonist, not with occ alignment, that needs the bite scan. Also select you model profile needed.
Now if created a fresh order then right click and import the scans, for the gingival scan just re import the prep arch with scan body.
If you import the itero scan then press F4 on the case after importing and go the prep arch folder upper or lower. Now copy the Raw Preparation scan and paste it back into the same folder and rename it to AbutmentAlignmentScan, exactly like that or it will not work. Doing this creates the Gingival scan separate from the abutment scan, WHY? for the next step in design.
Start design and right away refine BOTH ARCHES!!!!! Once refined go to sculpt on prep scan and use the extraction tool and extract the scan body. NOW, if you went straight into design from import and didnt't do any of the things i mentioned then you loose your scan body and can't align once you extract it. My way made two separate files. Once extracted, you can choose to use the sculpt tool, minus and slightly drop the scan to create a tissue ridge, not a lot is needed. Not design, also once you get to abutment design try to use the virtual articulator to optimize the bite. If not print the model and mount by hand then off to part two of the issue. Once printed hand mount and create a dummy case called Bite scan or what ever. Select any tooth like a model scan would be. Start the scan and just scan the bite, then you should see a disk icon on the left. use that and save the bite scan to the desktop. Create a new order with Antagonist with alignment and repeat.

Trust me this f ing sucks!!!!!!

Workflow B
Tell the doctor to scan as itero taught him. Meaning prep scan is with the scan body but they have added a pre op model and that scan is with out the scan body AND NO HEALING CAP!!!! then opposing and bite scan.
Now import and select gingival scan as workflow A, press F4 and now we just need to swap file names. Rename Raw Preparationscan Use the cut feature ctrl-x and type Abutment AlignmentScan. This is the scan body scan now. Now rename the pre preparation scan and past the Raw Preparation scan name there. Now you have a trios or 3shape designed workflow, Making it much easier to design, but still doesn't fit the bite issue. That repeat as above.
Once you understand the fundamentals of 3shape and how it works it is easy.
It takes me from that to finish maybe 7 min with all the renaming and pasting and design.

Watch this video. it has both workflows in it.
Good luck. I am not on here a lot so sorry ahead of time if i don't reply. I spend more time on the facebook, 3shapestudygroup. If you want join there for better support. Under stand 3shape is high cap and space sensitive. I made a sticky note on the pc that has all the different file names.
Here is the video.

Sevan

C

chohk246

Reaction score
Thank you so much, Sevan that was so helpful