Help with Dess scan body

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Does Dess have the same lab scan body for angled screw channel and straight screw channel for exocad? I can't find an anglebase scan body so I am assuming the same lab scan body is used for both angled and straight screw channels.
Thanks in advance.

W

Willard

Reaction score
should be the same scan body. just chose aurum base, for angled. thats how it is for 3 shape

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
should be the same scan body. just chose aurum base, for angled. thats how it is for 3 shape
Thank you. I talked to Dess tech support and Zahn tech support and couldn't get an answer. I want to start using scan bodies instesd of scanning Ti bases.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
All implant companies only have one scan body that goes for straight ti base, angled ti base, custom abutments. The only time it changes is when you go to MUA style, then that is a different scan body as you are now abutment level instead of implant level. To confuse you even more, lol, they will have two or more type os scan bodies, IO for intra oral and desktop. lol but with dess I prefer their IO even when scanning on models, Coated Ti the only way to go with scan bodies.
But to answer your question Yes, same scan body, BUT, different library probably, if you can find it maybe go to their site and grab the newest library, but dess angles is Aurum as mentioned above. 3shape or exo shouldn't mater.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
All implant companies only have one scan body that goes for straight ti base, angled ti base, custom abutments. The only time it changes is when you go to MUA style, then that is a different scan body as you are now abutment level instead of implant level. To confuse you even more, lol, they will have two or more type os scan bodies, IO for intra oral and desktop. lol but with dess I prefer their IO even when scanning on models, Coated Ti the only way to go with scan bodies.
But to answer your question Yes, same scan body, BUT, different library probably, if you can find it maybe go to their site and grab the newest library, but dess angles is Aurum as mentioned above. 3shape or exo shouldn't mater.
Thank you Sevan, Dess is discontinuing the lab desktop scan bodies they said. I bought inrtaoral ones.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thank you Sevan, Dess is discontinuing the lab desktop scan bodies they said. I bought inrtaoral ones.
Yup the only way. Coated Ti is what should of been done from day one on Scan bodies.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Yup the only way. Coated Ti is what should of been done from day one on Scan bodies.
Yeah, even Straumann recently sent out email saying they are discontinuing their Mono PEEK scan bodies.
LCM

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Dess aurum bases have scan caps you can use, screw in the ti base, put the cap over it, and scan. My doc doesnt like the dess intraoral scan bodies because there is no screw, and can be hard to screw in with finger in the mouth. Too bad theyre doing away with the other style.