Post and core investment ratio

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Doc asked me to cast a P & C for him, but I'm drawing a blank on what expansion I need. Any help here? His pattern is Duralay resin if it matters. Thanks

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
What ever alloy youre going to use, (hopefully gold),just reduce your liquid 2cc and add 2 water. You want less expansion.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, gold. I just do so few of these I'd forgotten.

doug

doug

Reaction score
We cast them often and use Beautycast as indicated. As far as I know they fit, never had any comments from the doc

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Thanks to you too, Doug! Looks like I'm "golden" because that's what I did.

user name

user name

Reaction score
One thing I didnt mention, and now I guess its too late...but I would be hesitant to do a rush burnout with Duralay. I would scream to have a Dr. fabricated pattern and crack the ring. Glad it went okay.

senthildtech

senthildtech

learner
Reaction score
try with ready made plastic root stump

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Then there's that perennial debate about whether to use a ring liner - I believe
studies may have suggested to use it so that there is still a place for it because
it ensures even expansion. Now with the ringless, that question becomes moot . . .
unless you are using BeautyCast . . .
LCM

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
BTW the rush burnout did hairline crack so the point was well made. I got lucky. Thanks everyone!

user name

user name

Reaction score
Just a couple other things to justify charging more...Ill use a thin disk and cut a shallow slot up the length of the root to let excess cement out easily. The other is attach a very small 18ga. loop to the tip so the Dr. can tie on a piece of floss. Its easier for them to remove when trying in and prevents swallowing! Thin it down at the attach point and they can just snap it off after seating.

Top Bottom