PMMA Halloween Teeth

user name

user name

Reaction score
Any idea on how you could go about designing some slip over/snap on PMMA freaky teeth without the reduction that would be assumed in temps?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
design on unprepared and unsectioned model. use the undercuts feature to figure out how deep to make the undercut.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
3shape has the snap on smile option, but its tricky to use.. throws a lot of errors if you design the finish line wrong..

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Interested to see the design once it's finished. Post some pics!

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Sure, snap an alginate of your teeth, pour model and duplicate. Wax the teeth on one and scn the original and copy mill the waxup, or make a silicone matrix and use Luxatemp. Make sure to block out undercuts on second procedure if done intraorally.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I dont see a snap on smile option...must be on a newer version?

I also dont understand 'copy mill'. I get the concept...just not what you select. I dont see it.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Well...if I scan a solid unsectioned model, it will replicate the teeth, but create the thickness inward because it thinks the teeth will be prepared.
I want to scan a solid model and have it 'cap' the existing enamel and build additional thickness outward. Ideally, just replicate the teeth with an even thickness so the bite will still feel normal, but then be able to add to the labials and incisal.

What am I missing?

Travis...that stupid little emoticon shows up when I spell i d e a l l y. That happens in a lot of posts with different words. Is there a fix?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
In the old days I used to wax up fangs on a study model and dupe it.
Then I'd make a vac shell ( I think you yankees call it a suck down :confused:),and make an essix with the canines.

You young punks today ! Hand made halloween teeth are much better than that stuff made by them robots!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Well...if I scan a solid unsectioned model, it will replicate the teeth, but create the thickness inward because it thinks the teeth will be prepared.
I want to scan a solid model and have it 'cap' the existing enamel and build additional thickness outward. Ideally, just replicate the teeth with an even thickness so the bite will still feel normal, but then be able to add to the labials and incisal.

What am I missing?

Travis...that stupid little emoticon shows up when I spell i d e a l l y. That happens in a lot of posts with different words. Is there a fix?

don't write ideally

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
he used the canadian spelling.

anyway Copy Mill really just infers that you have two models, one with a waxup and one without. scan the one with the waxup as a pre-prep model if the wax won't come off easy.

scan as double prep if the wax does come off easy.

mark the model scan as unsectioned.

mark the teeth as Crown

the system will throw up a warning that your indications are for temporaries only, but click ok and scan as normal.

it won't ask you for a die. just the waxup, then the uncut model.

in the design you use the Morph to Pre-preparation in the Smile composer. position the teeth correctly first, or the system won't copy properly. works best if the smile composer teeth are bigger than the double prep.

smear connectors (if any) and you are done. send to someone for milling, printing or processing.

user name

user name

Reaction score
That makes sense. Ill give it a spin later.

As for the spelling/emoticons...I spelled it the same way as Rob, I think.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Made some today and posted this in the 3shape group on Facebook
7d69af8c84091d616a52ba13e56044bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I hate those friggin little emoji bastards....
Mad

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I usually go the vac shell routine. A touch of temp cement and you are on your way. Did these for my wife last year.

Attachments

• 7792452434_df68cd8b4a_k.jpg
    7792452434_df68cd8b4a_k.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 111
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think vac shells are much safer.

You don't want a little kid choking on something too small.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Agreed. If it was for a child, I would be making something akin to an essix retainer, to avoid any possible problems. For what you see above, they were two small shell veneers that we temp cemented in for the day.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
029be06f0556f3bdc1cd0e29f4d6ee97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you got some shmutz on your lens.