How to merge pre-op scans to mock up

V

vmunoz541

Reaction score
Hi, I set up a job for a full arch mock up. I used the extract feature on exo-cad to remove teeth so I could go between her natural teeth and what our mock up would look like. Now that I set everything up, I was wondering if there is a way to merge the pre-op scans to the new tooth set up so I could 3D print a model with all the data in it.

V

vmunoz541

Reaction score
Hi, I set up a job for a full mandibular and maxillary arch mock up with existing teeth remaining. I digitally extracted the teeth using the wizard, and it created a pre-op wax up. Now that I am ready to print it all out, It is not letting me merge the pre-op with the finalized tooth set up. Is there any way to accomplish this?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
If I'm following what you have going on I would go into Expert mode, right click model, choose model alignment, and select plateless model with extra dies. when that's done, right click and select, i can't remember the exact name but the option to create model and follow those steps. Then, you should have the model and the pontics in place (if you set up as pontics?) and make sure you do one arch at a time so only the upper model and then only the designed teeth and Nothing Else! Right click Save and Export scene to mesh. I use this when doing most of my diagnostic wax ups. The other option is when in the model alignment mode, select the diagnost model. Then when you right click and select the create model you need to make sure the box next to include pontics is selected.
The important thing will be in how you set the case up in exo Database though. I think they all need to be pontics.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
in model creator select Waxup model, it will then prompt you to attach whatever you have designed to the scan so they can be printed together.

Top Bottom