pmma/composite stains

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@millennium Just a thought, I remember (I don't do a lot of PMMA) that I would blast the surface, steam it, then lightly wash with the red brush, the facial surface I was working on with a thin swipe of glaze. Then I use a brush, and not the applicator to put the diluted (esp. A, B C D) on with. If it were a thicker type of stain that didn't puddle as much, I would try an applicator tip like Andrew P. does. (I haven't played around with those yet).

20230430_130137.jpg

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
I see others are diluting stain colors into their print resin for surface character. I plan to try some of that style as well.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
@millennium Just a thought, I remember (I don't do a lot of PMMA) that I would blast the surface, steam it, then lightly wash with the red brush, the facial surface I was working on with a thin swipe of glaze. Then I use a brush, and not the applicator to put the diluted (esp. A, B C D) on with. If it were a thicker type of stain that didn't puddle as much, I would try an applicator tip like Andrew P. does. (I haven't played around with those yet).

View attachment 42744
Thank you! I apply a thin wash of glaze and don't cure it, then use a brush to apply stain and cure. thumbnail_20230430_162340.jpg

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
For temporary prototypes I print with Rodin Sculpture and characterize with Vita Akzent LC. For immediate load I still print with Rodin and characterize with optiglaze because it's faster. Vita definitely looks better though.

Rodin palette is out
9BF0A933-36E9-41ED-957F-8DA97DD3A553_1_105_c.jpeg

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I see others are diluting stain colors into their print resin for surface character. I plan to try some of that style as well.
you can use silicone pointed modeling tools to add back detail into a print...
along with a resin coat.. I
would always rather add than grind...

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Rodin Glaze is pretty thick, but mixing color directly with it will give some interesting results

Top Bottom