Please help me to find a mill center in MI

K

KIM

Reaction score
We use Jensen’s insync and miyo, typically requires 1 bake. Rarely 2. We’ve also used GC Lustre Paste and that was 1 bake a lot of the time sometimes 2, depending on the consistency of the paste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh now you're gonna me cry tears of joy, lol! dang where are my tissues.....

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
does not compute. anyone who knows materials should know the best ways to process those materials, by all methodology.

if you meant to mean ivoclar's focus is on pressable and layered materials not milled applications and for that reason gave up milling, then more specific language like that could have been used to drive your point better.

just being pedantic.

No, you were right with the first one. I did indeed mean that they (Ivoclar) did not know the best way to process their own materials on a milling center scale.

I was fortunate enough to be invited by Core3d to the facility during the transition earlier this year. I wanted to document some of the changes happening, and collect content for my blog. After speaking with some of the production team members, it became very apparent that the Troy facility was very much a neglected child in the Ivoclar family. As a matter of fact, I was told a story about how Ivoclar's own staff from Amherst would be sent to WPT for training and didn't even know that the company offered milling services!

In a large corporation with so many arms, I think it just became too many things to manage. I think Ivoclar's recent change in direction (buying sagemax, eliminating the Wieland name altogether, selling the milling center, developing all new products: Programill, premium investment, etc.) is a testament to the fact that they are consolidating to operate in a more efficient manner.

In my opinion, Core3D is a much better match for the facility. They have the milling expertise and understand how to run a lean and efficient operation. They've been kind enough to keep inviting me back to document all the new and exciting things they're doing. All the new systems and protocols they've put in place have really turned the place around, difference is like night and day!

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
If you get in a pinch send me a P.M.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
No, you were right with the first one. I did indeed mean that they (Ivoclar) did not know the best way to process their own materials on a milling center scale.

I was fortunate enough to be invited by Core3d to the facility during the transition earlier this year. I wanted to document some of the changes happening, and collect content for my blog. After speaking with some of the production team members, it became very apparent that the Troy facility was very much a neglected child in the Ivoclar family. As a matter of fact, I was told a story about how Ivoclar's own staff from Amherst would be sent to WPT for training and didn't even know that the company offered milling services!

In a large corporation with so many arms, I think it just became too many things to manage. I think Ivoclar's recent change in direction (buying sagemax, eliminating the Wieland name altogether, selling the milling center, developing all new products: Programill, premium investment, etc.) is a testament to the fact that they are consolidating to operate in a more efficient manner.

In my opinion, Core3D is a much better match for the facility. They have the milling expertise and understand how to run a lean and efficient operation. They've been kind enough to keep inviting me back to document all the new and exciting things they're doing. All the new systems and protocols they've put in place have really turned the place around, difference is like night and day!
They were always good to me. I took my 3shape training there. Im in sorta a pickle. If I need support they are quick, no wait times and I like that. On the other hand I think Argen probably has better techs but you can wait until the next day to hear back from them. My dongle dies next week and cant decide who to go with. I never had much milling done at Ivoclar do to their zirconia offerings . Only recently did they come out with nicer materials.

Core3DCentresNorthAmerica

Reaction score
They were always good to me. I took my 3shape training there. Im in sorta a pickle. If I need support they are quick, no wait times and I like that. On the other hand I think Argen probably has better techs but you can wait until the next day to hear back from them. My dongle dies next week and cant decide who to go with. I never had much milling done at Ivoclar do to their zirconia offerings . Only recently did they come out with nicer materials.

We are in the process of evaluating different zirconia brands to carry at our facility. Since our Troy facility is no longer an Ivoclar facility, we are able to offer materials from all different manufacturers.

We would love the opportunity to earn your business. I would argue that our tech support team has an advantage over Argen's. As part of our transition process, we've had our senior 3shape team members train all of our support staff. We have Jason Atwood, (one of the first technicians in North America to use 3shape) and Lucas Walter (used to work for 3shape, it was Lucas and one other guy that made up 3shape's North American division for years) So I'd say that we have a knowledgeable and competent team when it comes to 3shape. The rest of our support team have just been absorbing and putting into practice the wealth of knowledge that these two have been sharing.

If you're interested, send me a PM and I can put you in touch with someone to help you out with your license renewal.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
We are in the process of evaluating different zirconia brands to carry at our facility. Since our Troy facility is no longer an Ivoclar facility, we are able to offer materials from all different manufacturers.

We would love the opportunity to earn your business. I would argue that our tech support team has an advantage over Argen's. As part of our transition process, we've had our senior 3shape team members train all of our support staff. We have Jason Atwood, (one of the first technicians in North America to use 3shape) and Lucas Walter (used to work for 3shape, it was Lucas and one other guy that made up 3shape's North American division for years) So I'd say that we have a knowledgeable and competent team when it comes to 3shape. The rest of our support team have just been absorbing and putting into practice the wealth of knowledge that these two have been sharing.

If you're interested, send me a PM and I can put you in touch with someone to help you out with your license renewal.

So far I've liked the support I've received in the transition from WPT to Core3D. Instantaneous phone support. I did have to wait 5 minutes one time for a call back, so no problem there. If my D1000 should ever go down, does Core3D send out an E Series scanner to tide me over while mines is being repaired? Just something I was thinking about this morning.

Reaction score
So far I've liked the support I've received in the transition from WPT to Core3D. Instantaneous phone support. I did have to wait 5 minutes one time for a call back, so no problem there. If my D1000 should ever go down, does Core3D send out an E Series scanner to tide me over while mines is being repaired? Just something I was thinking about this morning.

We have D2000's for loaners :cool:

Reaction score
Thanks, Mick...I could handle that :D If I'm paying the shipping though, an E3 may be cheaper to ship back and forth?
I'll do some investigating to see what the difference in shipping costs would be and get back to you about that.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
We have D2000's for loaners :cool:
I kinda wondered about that. One of my reasons for going with Ivoclar was that it is only a 40 min drive. My D810 had a problem 3 months after purchase and I had to ship it back. I was able to go over there and pick one up to tide me over for the week. But damn that thing was expensive to ship. I'll probably give Hiram a call tomarrow on the dongle . He helped me out on a seperate issue when I purchased my implant module a few months back. Like I said . Ive never had a problem with their support. Sorry if this thead got a little hijacked in a differant direction.

Reaction score
I kinda wondered about that. One of my reasons for going with Ivoclar was that it is only a 40 min drive. My D810 had a problem 3 months after purchase and I had to ship it back. I was able to go over there and pick one up to tide me over for the week. But damn that thing was expensive to ship. I'll probably give Hiram a call tomarrow on the dongle . He helped me out on a seperate issue when I purchased my implant module a few months back. Like I said . Ive never had a problem with their support. Sorry if this thead got a little hijacked in a differant direction.

Glad to hear it! Hyrum is a great guy. He always makes sure he can deliver on what he promises.

No need for apologies, I'm happy that we had an opportunity to engage you on a different platform. Feel free to reach out to any of our team members if you need something:)

G

grantoz

Reaction score
where abouts in the great scheme of things does the actual design of cases get done as i have heard thru the grape vine that some of the large multi national milling centers get china to do the designs and then send the designs back to which ever country to get them milled and then claiming that they are made in that country which is technically correct but i feel its still misleading . this approach also takes away local jobs which is one of the reasons you send stuff to the company that claims they are made in that country.

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
We'd love to see all y'all...
Would love to come by and see the place next time I'm in the neighborhood if you'll have me! Always looking for quality content to feature on my blog.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Would love to come by and see the place next time I'm in the neighborhood if you'll have me! Always looking for quality content to feature on my blog.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Sounds great. Hit me up when your around.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
We need to set up a time as well...maybe as soon as next week if it works good for you and your team?

Unfortunately next week is tough. I've been on Charleston all week related to our industrial business and next week is Labday West.

If you think the following week would work. I can get with the team and see what days might work.

What'cha think?

Top Bottom