• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 397
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what was the original goal of the smile design? nice artificial symmetry or natural slightly-off-ness ?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
what would happen if you lowered the canines to the table?

T

twaite

Reaction score
I like really idea aesthetics, which to me means the six front teeth all on the same plane and the posteriors matching as much as possible even when set against natural teeth.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Was this case set against natural teeth and then put on the table for the picture?
From what I see, the cuspids, and bicuspids need to be lowered down to the table. After that the molars will need to be adjusted too. I don't see a problem with #8 if the idea was to make it look natural, if not, the long axis needs to be straightened.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
If we're trying for asymmetry as far as overlap/offset, no problem. Maybe it's just the photo angle but, #8 seems more of an oval form, and #9 more of a triangle tapered form, like they were from two different cards?

T

twaite

Reaction score
yes, it was set against natural teeth. Then put on the set up table for the pictures.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
How about taking a picture of it mounted against the lower model. We can give a fairer critique then.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Cuspids are too short, and centrals are off axis, symmetrically speaking. I have trouble getting the right length on natural opposing, you usually have to bring them out labially, and make them more prominent to get the length right, IMO. I am by no means a master of setting teeth.

here is one I did last week, this is a male, so the cuspids will be more prominent. S4 was the only camera I had at the moment. Please feel free to critique this as well! 20150403_153450_Richtone(HDR).jpg 20150403_153303_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Whenever you're setting against natural teeth, they dictate where you set the denture teeth. I think this looks great. It doesn't scream denture. Even if I'm setting a full upper and lower, I always give the teeth a few twists and turns for a more natural appearance.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
My first question would be are the posteriors lingualized?

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Nice work though......I don't think mine is quite that calibre yet....They don't look artificial and that is not an easy task to accomplish.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Please critique my friends set up.
The wax up looks "puffy", so that's what my eye is drawn to.
The set up may or may not be good; can't tell without seeing the mounting.
I think despite the less than ideal transition from cuspids to bi on the occlusal table, it might just look natural enough to work.
If I have to compromise like this because of the dictate of the opposing, I attempt to soften the transitions more and equilibrate.

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
Looks good to me. Nature is not symmetrical.

T

twaite

Reaction score
well..... Maybe I should alter my expectations but I don't like the bi's below the anteriors.