Exocad Model coming out "muddy"

V

vcapone

Reaction score
I'm new to Exocad model builder and when trying to make solid models the analogs I have set in the scan become very muddy and unclear after I hit the Run button. Any reason as to why it does this? I'm not changing the setting because I was told not to, but if it helps prevent the muddiness I will.

niSW3Pf.png
FKt26ID.png
aRiuSOl.png

Zgnc71f.png

3jP0N7P.png

E

erzdaemon

Reaction score
You can freeform the model and export and reimport the dies in the correct orientation where it overlaps like i did with the provisional dies in the following link

that should do it

Last edited:
L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
@vcapone OK.....so I had to come up with model + bar substructire working on a mostly full digital hybrid over a bar. So, in the ream of convoluted hacking this might work for you.

I had to design a bar and then the hybrid over it without having a phisical model+bar to scan.
In your case the "bar" would be your "analogs" I saved the bar design .stl as an .obj Then setup the project as a ""digital mockup" on the IOS arch scan.
After the tooth placement on the arch , then replace it as a custom tooth model ( expert model) and bring in the bar.obj (or in your case analog.obj) Then deal with aligning everything properly..

Then make sure that it intersects through the tissue side. Your analogs might already go through the tissue, in my case I had to freeform the underside of the bar to pull it through. The reason for this is that the software will "hardcut" through what ever you've intersecting through the arch scan before moving on to design the model. Then when you design the model, make sure you check the box to include the pontics ( which is basically what you've added to yor "Mockup") You'll end up with a digital waxup model with an airtight mesh that's hollow and no artifacts inside for printing if needed.

I designed the hybrid, had the bar milled, then printed up some test models. Hybrid fits the model and the bar fits the hybrid. Yeah I know,..it's a long span, I got my waiver and CYA'd with the oral surgeon. Told him "there are things you CAN do, but should NOT do. 😏 Here's your Invoice...$$

Worked for me, might not for you. 😉 Convoluted, clear as mud, and my brain hurts!Vollkommenauf

Bar_Model-2024-02-11-001-preview.jpg
Bar_Model-2024-02-11-001-before-pontic-hardcut-to-scandata.dentalCADscreenshot.jpg Bar_Model-2024-02-11-001.dentalCADscreenshot.jpg Screenshot 2024-02-13 095817.jpg IMG_8353.jpeg IMG_8361.jpeg

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I'm new to Exocad model builder and when trying to make solid models the analogs I have set in the scan become very muddy and unclear after I hit the Run button. Any reason as to why it does this? I'm not changing the setting because I was told not to, but if it helps prevent the muddiness I will.

niSW3Pf.png
FKt26ID.png
aRiuSOl.png

Zgnc71f.png

3jP0N7P.png
Mark the margins and use this setting

Attachments

• hollowmodel.png
    hollowmodel.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom