Parallel attachment placment (3shape Dental System)

G

gustavg

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I'm looking for some help, I'm in a middle of a design process of a full restoration case that includes fixed and partial prosthetics. First part of the design is fixed (see pic) with attachments I need both attachments parallel to z axis, I been trying all the alignment options but it seems that I can’t get it right… Any Idea of how can I do it?

Thanks in advance
attach-png.31200

R

rookiee

Reaction score
When you select an attachment you can choose in which direction it will be inserted, telescope direction, view direction etc, it's on the left side of your screen...but Z axis no go. Z is up and down and from this view you want them to be paralel from occlusal view...

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Set placement type to view direction, then position the model to where it needs to be. Place one attachment and move it into place then do not move the model and place the second one and move into position. You can them move the modle around since they were both place fron the same view direction. Ju be carefull not to rotate them but only move them up, down, left and right. There is no parallel feature, yet.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Would using the Measuring grid help? To rotate it around, up and down etc and find a position in the grid help to see if both sides are parallel?

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
The two answers above will get you where you need to go. Also, be sure to have milled linguals with interlocks on any attachment case, the attachments should do nothing more than hold the partial in place, in no way should they be load bearing. Milled linguals with interlocks will provide both the horizontal and vertical stability you need for a long-lasting result.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Would using the Measuring grid help? To rotate it around, up and down etc and find a position in the grid help to see if both sides are parallel?

You technically need to be parralled on the draw, if one is slightly higher or more outwards or in shouldn't matter. Just as long as the actual attachments are parallel from the occlusal view is the key.

R

Remote

Reaction score
The two answers above will get you where you need to go. Also, be sure to have milled linguals with interlocks on any attachment case, the attachments should do nothing more than hold the partial in place, in no way should they be load bearing. Milled linguals with interlocks will provide both the horizontal and vertical stability you need for a long-lasting result.
Hi Rick! Could you help me out, how to design properly linguals and interlocks on 3shape? I don't find the right attachments for that. I was looking for digital libraries to download, but I did not find the right one!