oxy propane multi oriffice tip

N

noidea

Ratings
hi can someeone please post a picture of the tip for cocr using oxy propane please. i have harris size 32 cutting tip thats only enough heat for 1 ingot which is not enough for rpd. so i bought a rose bud as suggested here but its nowhere near as hot as my size 32, but when i crank it up it pops. i found a bigger cutting tip but i like to see what rosebud people are using if its better than the cutting tip

user name

user name

Donator
Ratings
3,657 49
tip.PNG
Its been a few years, but I think I was using about 30psi oxy, and enough propane to get the blue inner cones down to about 1/4 inch.

M

Mark Blyumin

Ratings
32 4
View attachment 30247
Its been a few years, but I think I was using about 30psi oxy, and enough propane to get the blue inner cones down to about 1/4 inch.
I also used the same as the one in the picture and it takes a long time to melt a large amount of co/cr.
Evantually it will melt.
I used the alloy for pfm. What a bad idea without induction casting machine.
Also 30psi oxygen.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

N

noidea

Ratings
thank you very much. if you think induction is way to go. what do you think about haereus kulzer induction vacuum casting machines? no argon gas required?

M

Mark Blyumin

Ratings
32 4
thank you very much. if you think induction is way to go. what do you think about haereus kulzer induction vacuum casting machines? no argon gas required?
I am sorry, I can not help you with the choice of machines. I have stopped using co/cr long time ago and have never purchased the machine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

millennium

millennium

Ratings
143 2
torch.jpg torch2.jpg This is what I use to melt three 6.5 gram CrNi (Tilite) ingots. Its made by Degusa. 30 psi oxygen/5 psi propane.

Last edited:
2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Ratings
140 4
If you go induction, which you should look at Bego. Been using my machine 20 years now.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Ratings
140 4
Induction will give you the advantage of a perfect melt everytime without burning the alloy

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!