oxy propane multi oriffice tip

N

noidea

Reaction score
hi can someeone please post a picture of the tip for cocr using oxy propane please. i have harris size 32 cutting tip thats only enough heat for 1 ingot which is not enough for rpd. so i bought a rose bud as suggested here but its nowhere near as hot as my size 32, but when i crank it up it pops. i found a bigger cutting tip but i like to see what rosebud people are using if its better than the cutting tip

user name

user name

Reaction score
tip.PNG
Its been a few years, but I think I was using about 30psi oxy, and enough propane to get the blue inner cones down to about 1/4 inch.

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
View attachment 30247
Its been a few years, but I think I was using about 30psi oxy, and enough propane to get the blue inner cones down to about 1/4 inch.
I also used the same as the one in the picture and it takes a long time to melt a large amount of co/cr.
Evantually it will melt.
I used the alloy for pfm. What a bad idea without induction casting machine.
Also 30psi oxygen.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

N

noidea

Reaction score
thank you very much. if you think induction is way to go. what do you think about haereus kulzer induction vacuum casting machines? no argon gas required?

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
thank you very much. if you think induction is way to go. what do you think about haereus kulzer induction vacuum casting machines? no argon gas required?
I am sorry, I can not help you with the choice of machines. I have stopped using co/cr long time ago and have never purchased the machine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
torch.jpg torch2.jpg This is what I use to melt three 6.5 gram CrNi (Tilite) ingots. Its made by Degusa. 30 psi oxygen/5 psi propane.

Last edited:
2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
If you go induction, which you should look at Bego. Been using my machine 20 years now.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Induction will give you the advantage of a perfect melt everytime without burning the alloy

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
That’s a great torch, I used one for years.
I use the same model. Its sold through Renfert. Ummm , just checked their website and I don't see it.

Last edited:
G

grantoz

Reaction score
the renfert casting torch does the job pretty well