Origin Intelligence Closed System Scanner

D

dentdog

Reaction score
Intelligence Exclusive Dental Scanner and Design Station: 3D Scanner, PC for Scan/Design Software, Software Set License (no annual license fee). Purchased 7/2012. Excellent condition. Selling due to client changing preferences. Original price $7,500. Selling for $5,000. This is a closed system meaning that for the 1st four years, all scans must be sent to Precision Milling (B&D Dental).

Last edited:
biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Do you have the Medit SE or the Degree of Freedom?

D

dentdog

Reaction score
Quite frankly, I can't answer that. There is nothing that we have that gives us either of those designations.

ZsoltM

ZsoltM

Reaction score
Some reason, I am unable to PM you. Would you mind to PM me you contact info, to be able to contact you directly. Either your email, phone number would be great. Thank you.

D

dentdog

Reaction score
You can reach me at 719-749-0602. Thanks.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Are your able to resell your scanner with the four year purchase agreement ?

Pete

D

dentdog

Reaction score
Yes. We discussed this prior to purchasing. Anyone who purchases the scanner must be qualified by B&D to ensure that the purchaser is in good standing with B&D. Other than that, there would be no issues.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Can't someone just buy this and get it unlocked some how? Or convert each file after design?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Intelligence Exclusive Dental Scanner and Design Station: 3D Scanner, PC for Scan/Design Software, Software Set License (no annual license fee). Purchased 7/2012. Excellent condition. Selling due to client changing preferences. Original price $7,500. Selling for $5,000. This is a closed system meaning that for the 1st four years, all scans must be sent to Precision Milling (B&D Dental).

Closed Origin scanner with B&D means:

1. You use Precison for your milling.
OR
2. You have the choice of Opening Up the scanner by paying the difference in depreciation and paying the difference to get the newest Origin scanner and shipping back the closed scanner..This way you always get the newest model unless B&D has changed there policy..
3. SE MODEL ?
Look on the back of the scanner to see if its has a SE label and serial #, plus it will have one USB cable port and one Power Cable port

Dentdog, your client is changing preferences ? please explain. Its possible B&D might take a trade for a 3shape ??

Edit ** Sorry, forgot to include this in my post !! Closed Origin scanner has a minimum of 20 units per month which it totaled every 3 months, to equal 60 units within 3 months, OR pay ? extra

Last edited:
D

dentdog

Reaction score
Don't know. Beyond our knowledge and experience. We just abide by our contract.

D

dentdog

Reaction score
We use Precision for milling which got us the lower upfront cost. You can upgrade to the open system by paying the delta of the higher cost. It does have the SE label. Client changing preferences: Prior to purchasing, our largest client stated he wanted to do more Zirconia; after we got it in-house he decided not to which means we can't meet the minimum 20 units/month.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
What's the depreciated buyout price from B&D to open this scanner up?

Pete

D

dentdog

Reaction score
$13,500 per contract. Don't know if it has changed.

C

charles007

Reaction score
$13,500 per contract. Don't know if it has changed.
Plus 5k to you is still a saving if the new buyer wants to Open from the get-go.. Do you get a new computer if you Open Up ?
Does this include Virtual Articulation module, TruSmile, Implant, newer Anatomy library, etc, or just the basic design. I thought buying Closed included more modules, guess I'm wrong ?
Sorry for all these questions.. dln members will want to know before buying..

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Thought Origin stopped selling these(Medit type). Saw their new IntllegenceS in Feb. and haven't heard a thing about their new box since.

D

dentdog

Reaction score
The implant abutment design library is included as well as the multi-die (multi-case) scanning capability. It integrates with the Itero, Trios and other open intra-oral scans. No charge for software to the base design software and abutment module. Remote and tech support training via telephone or remote access is available.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
I may have a medit se origin scanner for sale. Closed version, with virtual articulator and 8 scan bodies.
Please message me for more info

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk