No of crown printed

F

Fazi

Reaction score
How many crown printed by 1 kg or 0.7 litter resin?

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Would depend on material, printer, support strategy, and some other factors. Also not as many people printing crowns, mostly milling but the same information is needed.

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
Sounds like you are using Formlabs?
Should be 1.1-1.2g per crown. Could be a lot more if you do not let them drip out a while after the print.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I printed with the formlabs permanent crown resin, 4 full mouth MUA restorations , I did it for an esthetic try in then Dr delivered them. I was gonna mill in pmma, but they have lasted 2 months in mouth sofar. Figure mill when it has a problem. Crazy never expected it would last 10 minutes in the mouth. We are waiting for our mill to be set up to make them into zirconia.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I printed with the formlabs permanent crown resin, 4 full mouth MUA restorations , I did it for an esthetic try in then Dr delivered them. I was gonna mill in pmma, but they have lasted 2 months in mouth sofar. Figure mill when it has a problem. Crazy never expected it would last 10 minutes in the mouth.
I'm about to start using Rodin Sculpture, should come in today.. new resins are getting pretty impressive, quickly. I have a hunch you will be printing "more" than milling pmma

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I'm about to start using Rodin Sculpture, should come in today.. new resins are getting pretty impressive, quickly. I have a hunch you will be printing "more" than milling pmma
Printing zirconia soon few more years of R+D then a few more to market.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Printing zirconia soon few more years of R+D then a few more to market.
Absolute Dental has a video on YouTube in which a company already has a printable zirconia material they lended them for R&D. They mentioned they are the test lab but the fact it’s already in a lab is pretty crazy.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Absolute Dental has a video on YouTube in which a company already has a printable zirconia material they lended them for R&D. They mentioned they are the test lab but the fact it’s already in a lab is pretty crazy.

Its going to have its growing pains, before it mainstreams. Its going to be popular by 2030

G

genesis1

Reaction score
There is a French company already printing zirconia. It still has to be sintered. So back to dipping and staining everything.