New Triple Tray system ??

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
This is why I really like monotrac. Works great for CAD.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326292988.898982.jpg

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
I too am looking for a simplified system to save time. However, what would be a good system if you get a lot of triple tray cases in which the patient gives the wrong bite? I dont know if it is the doctor's impression technique or if it is the patients, but they seem to be hand articulated the majority of the time.

I followed the links to the model systems suggested, and it seems they all have a fixed articulation. Is there anything out there that would allow you to change the bite once mounted or hand articulate? :eek:

i searched that kind of articulator too , i am still waiting for price from my dental vendor to see if its not to expansive ..

vita arcon is the answer for wrong bites , which i get a lot from my doctors :(

Vident Arcon Articulator Instructional Video - YouTube

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Incorrect bites are not that uncommen and its an easy fix.

Hold the case in the correct position as best you can then use a lighter to heat up one of the angles of the articulator arm. It usually catches on fire, blow it out set the bite then put the joint under running tap water. Blow off the soot.
Done.

I do it all the time, easy as pie.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score

Hold the case in the correct position as best you can then use a lighter to heat up one of the angles of the articulator arm. It usually catches on fire, blow it out set the bite then put the joint under running tap water. Blow off the soot.
Done.

Yep! I do it all the time too. Learned it from Al! I tear a piece of common aluminum foil and wrap it around the joint before Inuit it with the lighter. Super fast and accurate;)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score

Done.

I do the same thing, except with an electric paint stripper gun........ dosen't catch on fire.......keeps the insurance rates down. :)

J

jimbdl

Reaction score
The craft stores like Hobby Lobby, or Michael's sell an embossing heat gun, @ $20.00 that works great to heat the plastic arms for incorrect bites. Heat, adjust, and run under cold water. Simple ~ cheap ~ effective.

M

Malcolm Graham

Reaction score
If it is close I use boiling water to soften the hinge arm with the models held in ICP with a rubber band, then cool with cold water.

If it is too far out then I cut through the stone between the tray and teeth of the opposing arch , stick the models toether in ICP with wax and use plaster to rejoin the teeth of the opposing cast back to the base. Just like conventional articulation.

If I can't find ICP I call the dentist and ask for a bite.