need some direction... what is this ?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Biomedical Materials | Ceramic Tech Today

they mention a 12-minute sintering process.... is this what i've heard about as Microwave sintering ? i can't watch the video from work, as it has been blocked by our firewall.

any help?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Looks like a furnace to me Luke, Glidewells have there own R&D lab so you have no way of knowing what it is thats sintering. Speed sintering seems to make HT Zr loose its translucency. But I bet its not normal Zr. As for microwaves, the last test results I was shown of microwave sintering got it down to under 8min.

Last edited:
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
That thing cooled incredibly fast

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Patients can just wait while the doc sinters a FCZ. Interesting

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
THE DOC?

nah, bro. imagine it: next day turnaround for fcz. provided IOS, print model, mill FCZ sinter 12mins, full case done in 2 hrs tops. courier pickup of impressions - which can be scanned instead of poured - in AM, deliver again by noon.

wouldnt even matter if the machine can only do 1 unit at a time, at 12 mins, you can mill and sinter all day long.

now, show me a printer that prints zirconia, and i might have something to hit the ground running with.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
this is the plasma sintering that mark hinted at some time back.

FC zirconia, another restoration that will be moving to chairside production once these furnaces are available.... and affordable.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
This is very exciting... if it works long term. In the past I always heard that sintering this quickly breaks down or changes the internal structure needed to keep its strength, and also would warp the crown/framework? So whats the deal here?

hammerhead

hammerhead

Reaction score
Biomedical Materials | Ceramic Tech Today

they mention a 12-minute sintering process.... is this what i've heard about as Microwave sintering ? i can't watch the video from work, as it has been blocked by our firewall.

any help?

CHL From what ive heard its 100,000,000,000.00 to buy one sooooooo Glidewell will own all of them. Made of unuptainium. Probably still has hot and cold spots however,even at those prices!!!!!

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
ROAR*. STOP RUSHING EVERYTHING!!! AHHHHHH! :mad:

Top Bottom