need advise

J

JamesBephoto

Reaction score
need advice how to improve this case

please i really need advise on how could i have made this case better more natural looking.
someone told me there is too much luster on surface how can i fix this problem?
[ better you control the concave area, you must control by a temperature of glaze. And then, make a convex area with polishing work with silicone.] <----can someone explain what this really mean?

thank you!!!!
393304_337685559593759_100000569531205_1297952_1469836163_n.jpg

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
please i really need advise on how could i have made this case better more natural looking.
someone told me there is too much luster on surface how can i fix this problem?
[ better you control the concave area, you must control by a temperature of glaze. And then, make a convex area with polishing work with silicone.] <----can someone explain what this really mean?

thank you!!!!

Beautiful work.

Dont really understand what they were telling you either.

A while back I had a Dr tell me my glazed crowns didnt look natural in the mouth.
Didnt blend in with the teeth. He said my crowns looked like they were "wet" compared to the other teeth. He sent me a bunch of pics of crowns and teeth to show what he wanted.

To match that I have to take a rubber wheel and lightly buff the glaze so it dosent look so high gloss like it was painted on, which it is, painted on glaze.

Since then he is happy. Here is an example I pulled from another thread.
Of course all teeth have different surface finishes. Some higher gloss some more matte.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_rvb15.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_rvb15.jpg

J

JamesBephoto

Reaction score
I never get a chance to talk with dr and they never send a photo
I totally have no idea how these crowns look in mouth
Thank you so much Ai I am learning a lot from you.
:)

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Looks great! Unless they are talking about mimicking the polishing effects of the lips etc on the convex areas? I am reading a book now where the tech uses a rag wheel and pumice to get the surface sheen that he wants.

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
looks great to me whats your build technique
best chris

J

JamesBephoto

Reaction score
NicelyMKV could you tell me the name of that book?
chris i didn't take any photo of buildup.
i did use b1 dentin , tl1 , oe1 and oe3 i will try to take photo of my build up next time.

Last edited:
Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
When I texture my teeth , right before glazing..... I do some lateral texture lines..... then, on the mesial/distal/centre anterior lobes , I lightly rubber-wheel. The goal is to mimic that the most outer surfaces of a tooth upon the lips have a smoother surface than the sulcus areas of the lobes.

Then natural glaze for best glaze/texture effect. once you start using glaze pastes/powders it's very hard to control the outcome of texture management.

I'll post a demo picture when I dig one up once back from holidays.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
NicelyMKV could you tell me the name of that book?
chris i didn't take any photo of buildup.
i did use b1 dentin , tl1 , oe1 and oe3 i will try to take photo of my build up next time.

Fundamentals of Esthetics by Oliver Brix

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
thanks that would be great i have learned so much from you and Al and others its really great again thanks
best Chris

K

KMoft CDT

Reaction score
When I texture my teeth , right before glazing..... I do some lateral texture lines..... then, on the mesial/distal/centre anterior lobes , I lightly rubber-wheel. The goal is to mimic that the most outer surfaces of a tooth upon the lips have a smoother surface than the sulcus areas of the lobes

Exactly right.. Put your perikymata/surface texture in, then hit the high spots with a rubber wheel post glaze and hand polish. Control the light where it Reflects off the line angles. (I'm never happy with the surface after glaze)

Really nice work!

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Very nice work.

"then, on the mesial/distal/centre anterior lobes , I lightly rubber-wheel."

yep ditto.

one thing i didnt see mentioned is dont over glaze to start with. Its much easier to bring the ceramic up to the luster you want rather than bringing it back down. (you loose all your surface texture if you rubber wheel over the whole surface).

So play around with your glaze temp, knocking down 5c at a time untill you get them to a glaze you want out the furnace, where you can buff up after.

Generally i find you wanna aim for a plasticy acylic look as a good middle ground. Then once wet they will intergrate nicely.

The luster generally increases with age though so it does depend on the case.

at least thats what i do.

Top Bottom