Mouthguard help!

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
First of all i like to thank your kindness!I read intresting techniques to make a mouthguard with a name or a symbol.

Today i tried 100% percent perfectly sure technique the lab lady advised it. Did not turn out unfortunately. The 2 Foils didn't sticked together.

Another question:please let me know what kind of paper do you use to print symbols names etc..?

Finding out the solution would be very important for me.PLease help me!

I found a website :

Custom Mouthguards - by Fightdentist and JAWZZ.com

Here i can see perfect technique to made an proffesional custom made mouthguard, or i'm not right?

My opinion is the mouthguard is usual.
But the logos,symbols,texts looking very good.

the lab lady

the lab lady

Reaction score
I'm so sorry this didn't work for you! i don't know about the foils you use, but i have made these the way i have described many times., but i do it with the mouthguard material from great lakes. you can see them on page 40 of the online catalog under "thermal forming materials" perhaps you could ask for some sample sheets to try it.
i have also only used the bio-star to make them on.
maybe someone has another suggestion you could try.
for prtinting names etc. i used a brother p-touch printer, and printed onto the clear printing tape. otherwise, small stickers or decals can be used.
don't give up! Michelle

B

bdg

Reaction score
Follow the link in Post 8
Weldon 4 will solve your problem.

Do the first suckdown
Trim it
Paint the entire surface w/ weldon just before your 2nd sheet is ready to go.
They wont come apart after that.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
i'm sure Weldon 4 can solve my problem,but you know it's difficult to order flammable materials from USA to Europe.:( I have to find a similar product here in Europe....

B

bdg

Reaction score
Oh, that would make things difficult,
Never used it but the weldon 3 is non flammable - dont know if that makes a difference or not.
The also have an international sales contact system set up, maybe they can help you out.
International Sales Inquiry: [email protected]

But that seems like a bit of trouble.
What type of "Home Improvement"/hardware stores do you have there?
Maybe they carry some type of plastic adhesive
(Thats all this stuff is - it sort of melts the first layer so the second layer bonds better)

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Yes you are right.It's difficult to buy it for me.

I asked the hungarian ERKODENT distributor about my problem(i want to glue 2 foils),but his answers was:Why you want to glue them? it's isn't necessary,if you want thicker foil you can buy it...Unfortunatelly yet i didn't find good solution to my problem.If you have any idea please tell me! Thanks very much

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Another very important thing:the adhesive may not be poisonous!!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Another very important thing:the adhesive may not be poisonous!!
Here in the US we are supposed to declare the materials used in any device that goes in a patients mouth. Using an unapproved material, i.e., no 510K, could potentially get you into problems with FDA.
At the very least it should have an ACMI rating of non-toxic (like crayons or certain inks) so you can defend yourself in a product liability issue.
There's a lot of great materials that would enhance the qualities of what we manufacture, but they not recommended either because they are considered toxic or they haven't been approved for that use- either can get you in a lot of trouble.

B

bdg

Reaction score
Hmm good point, curious - how do you go about and who do you report that to?
What needs to be reported? the monomer used or dangerous alloys? just the dangerous stuff or all of it?

(The Weldon is what is used in the video from the company for the TAP appliances)

B

bdg

Reaction score
You may be able to find the "$$$DENTAL$$$" version of the foil bonding agent called OSAMU-Bond (Looks like the same stuff to me)
Maybe you can order that through a catalog
Hope it helps.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Hmm good point, curious - how do you go about and who do you report that to?
What needs to be reported? the monomer used or dangerous alloys? just the dangerous stuff or all of it?

(The Weldon is what is used in the video from the company for the TAP appliances)

The disclosure goes to the Dr and is supposed to be kept in the patient's file in case of recall or adverse event. What MUST be in that disclosure is whatever components actually make up the prosthesis. Alloy, resin, ceramic, denture teeth. What they are, who makes them, and a lot number, if available. Things like temporary baseplate materials and waxes used for try-in can be included, but if not, you must have a log of them. Whatever goes into the oral cavity must have material tracking and it must be approved for that use. Things like using crayons to color waxups will most likely pass muster because the material in already rated non-toxic because children tend to eat them. Get it? I invoice with quickbooks and I have a custom template for lot #'s so all I do is fill in the specifics at the end. Not all mfgrs are up to speed on this... it is still possible to have, say, a card of teeth with out a specific lot#. What i do then is identify the tooth by mfr; then shade; then mould, then lot# if none exists I put N/A. Same with acrylic or alloy or ceramics.
If you hunt around some of the other forums have spelled out some of this issue.
I used to have to put medicated ointment on my last cat and the finger cots that came with it were labeled in the way I layed out. This rule covers all dispensers/mfgr of medical devices.
As I'm no expert, this is what I've gathered as my minimal responsibilties.

Last edited:
M

mouthguards

Reaction score
Custom Mouth Guards

Rather doing too much efforts better go for custom mouthguard with your required prints. I would like to share my good experience with Fortress Mouthguards.
Fortress Mouthguards are manufactured by Race Dental, Sydney's largest dental laboratory. Quality of our work with a network of dentists across Australia, they are supplying high-quality mouthguards to all Australians. Fortress Mouthguards have the custom-fitted, high-protection mouth guard solution for players of all types of sport. For details one can visit: Custom Mouthguards –Dental, Sports, Martial Arts Mouth Guards- Australia

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
it's looking nice. I'm still curious about with what kind of machine can they make it this print.

I searched in the net but yet i didn't find anything useful.

Regars

Lorant

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Rather doing too much efforts better go for custom mouthguard with your required prints. I would like to share my good experience with Fortress Mouthguards.
Fortress Mouthguards are manufactured by Race Dental, Sydney's largest dental laboratory. Quality of our work with a network of dentists across Australia, they are supplying high-quality mouthguards to all Australians. Fortress Mouthguards have the custom-fitted, high-protection mouth guard solution for players of all types of sport. For details one can visit: Custom Mouthguards –Dental, Sports, Martial Arts Mouth Guards- Australia

Nice website, even though your post sounds kinda like a advertisement

M

mattiasmatte

Reaction score
I know am 3 years after but has anyone figured out how to paint and put logos on the mouth guard if you are using erkopress? the pictures has to be biocompatible=healthy for the oral enviroment?