Trios and Implants: Send Help

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
I cannot speak for any specific 3shape training facility on implants I do see several advertisements from Jeffry Tobon at Design Lab Dental in New York who has some training courses for 3shape.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
While I admire your hunger to learn and I say this with respect, youre clearly not qualified or comfortable to educate Drs on implants, so why is the lab putting this on you? Im all for fake it till you make it, but I see this as a real problem with large labs today, blind leading the blind. Ultimately, you arent going to get all the answers here, it comes from experience and making mistakes. getting your hands dirty, failing and cussing, and that takes time (welcome to dental technology). Honestly the resources really arent out there other than DLN and a few other places where people are trying to help each other , but mostly you have companies or individuals trying to sell you THEIR solution.(sorry RKM but this is why I left TSC group)

I know this isnt helpful, but your question is pretty vague.

My only advice would be, if youre trying to get the lab on the same platform, find a company like DESS, that have abutments that will work on most everything (and a library for 3shape and exo, which many dont) and convince the majority of the Drs that its 'as good or better' which isnt easy.. (Youre a computer tech, not a sales rep so maybe they should do that) Im not even sure if thats possible to get all your clients on the same page, but maybe a majority.. Please dont take this the wrong way, its just my .02 and Im not charging!
I delete all advertising posts unless there is content. I also screen all newcomers. sorry if I wasn't quick enough on the kill switch.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Its not the sales ads that bothers me as much as the attitude of those that are selling.. unwilling to help unless you attend. The carestream group is the same way. I had an issue with an article a prominent Dr posted on there that 2018 will be the year of in-office printing and the first line was that there are 'many appliances that cannot be made any other way'.. I'm sorry but theyre devaluing our industry and I can be nothing but an annoying bystander.. so I try not to participate.

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
Thanks for the materials, guys! I'll look over these. I appreciate the help.

I'll take a look at the facebook page, too. I skimmed it a few days ago. It seems like there could be some interesting stuff.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Its not the sales ads that bothers me as much as the attitude of those that are selling.. unwilling to help unless you attend. The carestream group is the same way. I had an issue with an article a prominent Dr posted on there that 2018 will be the year of in-office printing and the first line was that there are 'many appliances that cannot be made any other way'.. I'm sorry but theyre devaluing our industry and I can be nothing but an annoying bystander.. so I try not to participate.
Sometimes you have to go into the corners with your elbows up but if you prefer to sit in the press box then I guess I'll have to carry the team on my back.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
theres definitely been an improvement in the tsc but again a lot of the old complaints are resurfacing. different players, same play. self-promoting, shameless, no-criticism, no critical thinking "techs" and "dentists" out to gain cult following in hopes of being picked up as a thought leader and doing paid promotion. in the old days it was just ads for courses by one or two promoters; pay us to learn what you already knew, and what we found on the internet for free on some dental lab site. now its less overt more covert. those people still watch the group. no doubt about it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This is where I would insert the " kiss my royal heiny" emoji if we still had one :(