Mouthguard help!

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Hi to all!

I like to ask you something about mouthguards.I found an interesting german site which is creating these kind of mouthguard putting NAMES on them.

Please find the internet site here:

http://www.4action.de/typo3temp/pics/c12da36d28.jpg

How can i put symbols, names, etc to the front of the mouthguard?

If you have information regarding this method please try to help me,explain me how can i make theese kind of mouthguards.

Thank you very much,
kind regards,

Lorant Stumpf
Head of Stumpf Dent Dental Laboratory.
Stumpf Dent Kft. - +36-30-627-8032

O

oldretread

Reaction score
Just a "Off the Top of My Head" thought. You might try Iron On T shirt material. Color Laser printed and applied with a warmed/hot waxing spatula. I will try it tomorrow on a throw away to see if it will work.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Have you tried contacting the tech and asking? Maybe they'll share.

the lab lady

the lab lady

Reaction score
yes.
1. you do the bio-star (or whatever you use) with a color, or clear material as usual
2. remove the material, trim a little shorter that usual, put back on model.
3. put decal, name, etc. where you want it (make sure it is secure- if it isn't a sticker you can use a tiny drop of dental adhesive, or super glue?
4. put a new piece of clear mouthguard material in and process over the old one as usual, if you have an extra lamp to heat the material on the model great, if not practice warming with a micro torch (too much heat will scorch the material)
5. when they are both heated well, process as usual. they will form together, but you will have to practice a little to get the right heat and air pressure.

two sheets of 2mm will make a 3mm mouth guard. i have a nice article on this method and the benefits of alveolar protection and superiority of this type of mouthguard over the store bought ones, i will try to locate and post it.

please let me know how this works out for you, and if you have any questions about it!
Michelle

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.I'm using the ERKODENT foils.These are the best here in Europe. You can find "how to make a mouthguard "method here:

http://www.erkodent.de/dental/anleit/playAnleit_e.pdf

Unfortunatelly,they have not got any tip or trick about my problem.
You can see in my first post the name isn't under the final colorful foil,it's a separate layer.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
I see....What is your opinion about ERKODENT mouthguard,if you examine the intsructions you can see it's better for some reasons.

Erkodent_playsafe

B

bdg

Reaction score
I dont think it matters what material you use,
If it is soft and it covers the teeth you have met the objective of a mouthguard.
I dont know what woould make 1 material "better" than the other.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
I'm not sure that you're right.I tried 5 other materials,and the final result was:this is the best..They're specialized to this kind of foils....Here in Europe they're very famous...

C

CShof

Reaction score
I've gotten simple single and double colored mouthguards before, but where do you get all those crazy colors the companies on those websites use? It would be nice to be able to offer something like zebra or camo.

Last edited:
stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
I've gotten simple single and double colored mouthguards before, but where you all those crazy colors the companies on those websites use? It would be nice to be able to offer something like zebra or camo.

Strange......

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
I just got a great flyer from Lincoln Dental supply that shows how to do it and has all kinds of info on Pro-form mouthguard materials. www.lincolndental.com or 1-800-289-6678 It also says for technical assistance call 1-800-333-3131 I don't know if this is Pro-form's or what.

D

dentcre

Reaction score
we do this a lot for football teams , first we vaccum form the guard , then cut the excess off but not remove it from the model, next you place your art work , you can use stickers, for names logos etc. the you place it back in the machine and vaccum a second layer but this time make it the thinest sheet you have available, , it will bond perfect to the first one and thats it ,, cut the excess off. the art work , logos etc remain inside.

Last edited:
kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Wow! I really learned something new here. Michelle, I'd love to see your article.

B

bdg

Reaction score
I tried 5 other materials,and the final result was:this is the best
Why?
What makes it better?
What do you like about it that the other materials dont provide?
Does it cut better, adapt better, last longer??
Just curious because I always thought they were the same materials in different packages, never noticed any differences from box to box.