Mold selection info for Dr's records

G

gmohr

Reaction score
Anyone have a simple form to send along with the completed denture for the Dr's chart/file to ID the mold, shade, etc. Nice to have that info when the Dr. wants to order the same tooth in the case of a replacement/repair.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I put this information on my billing and I have the info stored if they call me because they did not update the chart.

If they change labs in the future I want them to HAVE to call me.

Supplying a scrap of paper other than the invoice with the case sounds good in theory but will get misplaced more times than not prior to the Dr/Staff updating their chart.

For us Full service guys we get calls all the time asking for the shade of the crown we made 2 years ago because the assistant that took the shade never made the notation in the chart.

With the advent of paperless charts and the computer in the op's things are slightly getting better but for now if I pick the mold and brand then I keep the record.

24kt k9

Reaction score
I might suggest you put the mold & shade along with a date & pt. name in the denture when you process.I also add the lab's initials and give a 1 yr guarantee if the date is still intact.

aka golden dog.

cdl 41411
sh d3 p6

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
In QuickBooks I use one of the seven custom feild they give you to input that info. Then go to the template section and add them to your invoice. The info is also searchable in QB.

Here's a snapshot of the 'Info Bar' that is printed on my invoices.

PT INFO.png
PT INFO.png

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
In IL we are required to place an identification in removable, I place the name, tooth mold Shade & dt mfg. In 2010 several DDS's started asking for identaloy for frame material or metals used in wrought wire & Acrylic used, this information has been in my "Winvoice" & their invoice's since 1997 when I started using "winvoice" Vitalium2000+ supplied a green sticker I pass on & I printed up stickers with the acrylic name, shade, CAS# & CE or FDA number. Note when I use Fricke they have a really nice sticker to pass on to the DDS, Astron is working on the same since I have been bugging Doug, & Dave Lang is doing the same. Myerson is supposed to be sending me the CAS & FDA for the flexible. If more of us ask the mfg for these handy identifiers they will start producing them. It's just my way of telling the DDS I don't use no off shore fecal matter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom