mini

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
ok

So i got a mini for a trial period. Designed a full contour pmma premolar to see fit and have a play. Used 0.1mm cement gap as i always do when sending out to zfx. Crown was tight and sat about .5mm above the margin. Eased it slightly and it almost sits down. I re-milled increasing the milling adjustment from 1.2mm to 1.4mm and still tight. I use exocad.

Any pointers as 0.1mm cement gap is the max. I use fuji rock for models.

I am playing with other settings but i am all ears. Can only mill occasionally as my compressor is running hot to mill just one crown, i am getting a new one, but its a time thing. Hopefully by the end of the week i shall have a FIAC SpA
I think this will be ok. Not ordered yet but i will be ordering one by the end of tomorrow. Not got 3 phase electric, so this is ideal i think as its 240v.
Going to bed now so i will look forward to your guys advice in the morning. O and if you read this John i was going to get your compressor cos it looks awesome, but its three phase :(
Peace

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Just thinking possibilities, Was the machine calibrated when they put it in there? is it sitting up evenly and not just on one side? it seems odd being tight. maybe a setting in the cam software?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
For my PMMA 3Shape milled on the EZ Mill .03 margin and 1.00 on extra and fit is perfect. You will need to play with the die spacer setting until you dial it in on your own machine. Also having the correct bur cut PMMA is very crucial as well. I was cutting PMMA with old or new ZR burs and I had to take my setting up to .04 and 1.40 and the fit was still tight and I would get random gashes across the margins then I switched over to wax/plastic burs and with the .04/1.40 fit was too loose cause the wax/plastic bur cut the material properly. I am getting Sierra Razor Sharp burs in today and can't wait to try them out on my PMMA and wax.

Your issue is within the your Die Spacer first then your burs. Don't give up each machine varies. Increase your margin and extra cement and see what happens.

Sevan

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Plastic seems to mill tighter on my machine too, just have to nail down the fit you want and then set it and forget it.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I had tight fitting initially as well... now using the Zr cement settings and it fits good. Guessing that during milling it expands a little from friction heat, than shrinks back ?

O

Oscar49

Reaction score
Hi I need some help please. I started doing my fzc about a year ago and I have problem with the fitting , they're too tight. I have 3 shape 2014 version2.9.9.1 before 2013.I'm using the same settings that I used with 2013, Im not sure if its my milling machine I have Roland DWX-50 and the software is WorkNC, I really need your help please, thank you

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
There are a bunch of variables what could cause bad fits...you need to check and eliminate them one by one...I'd start by sending a crown to a milling center and compare with the same crown cut on your mill... Check the CAD/CAM settings, shrink factor, tools etc. ..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
What CAD output are you using? This has a huge influence on the fit. If you use generic .stl output for 3shape, you may have to get the mill manufacturers .dll.

O

Oscar49

Reaction score
There are a bunch of variables what could cause bad fits...you need to check and eliminate them one by one...I'd start by sending a crown to a milling center and compare with the same crown cut on your mill... Check the CAD/CAM settings, shrink factor, tools etc. ..

Thank you, I change my settings for now and the crowns are more loose. Sorry for the late respond but Im new in this :(

O

Oscar49

Reaction score
What CAD output are you using? This has a huge influence on the fit. If you use generic .stl output for 3shape, you may have to get the mill manufacturers .dll.

Hi I use the generic .stl , how I can change to the other one?, Thank you

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
talk to your reseller... are you using 3shape?