Preferred Gap space

D

Drews Dental Lab

Reaction score
AG exocad has .05mm as the default gap with for cement. On a ideal zirconia case im curious what you prefer for gap space.

I had a doc ask me recently and I wanted to see what peoples thoughts were.

Gigieiya

Gigieiya

Reaction score
AG exocad has .05mm as the default gap with for cement. On a ideal zirconia case im curious what you prefer for gap space.

I had a doc ask me recently and I wanted to see what peoples thoughts were.
0.042-0.045 in ideal situation, because me and some of my dentists who cares prefer thin cement gap. But it is smart to say that it depends also from your milling soft, burs condition, undercuts, insertions, single/bridge reconstruction type etc. So for me it is usually 0.045-0.055

D

Drews Dental Lab

Reaction score
0.042-0.045 in ideal situation, because me and some of my dentists who cares prefer thin cement gap. But it is smart to say that it depends also from your milling soft, burs condition, undercuts, insertions, single/bridge reconstruction type etc. So for me it is usually 0.045-0.055
This docs question was, Should there be more than .05 to allow for more cement. He said that he recently recemented a crown and there was little to no cement inside the restoration.

Gigieiya

Gigieiya

Reaction score
This docs question was, Should there be more than .05 to allow for more cement. He said that he recently recemented a crown and there was little to no cement inside the restoration.
We can also consider cement. If he use phosphate cement and doing verti-prep with undercuts, it can be washed out because of the holes.
Give him few 0.06 and check the result)

Gigieiya

Gigieiya

Reaction score
There's probably more opinions on this but i think most of the people will agree with me

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I also agree with the .035-.045 range for singles, and .055-.060 for bridges, depending on their prep size and path of insertion.
For iTero, I increase the die spacer .010 across the board, otherwise, they were fitting a little too snug, at least for my Dr's.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
we wax problem areas before we begin.