Milling Issues...Lines

E

EdwardS

Reaction score
Recently I've been having issues with my Wieland select S1. I've been getting milling lines randomly can not pinpoint the reasoning yet. I have a new collet and recently calibrated the unit. Any ideas? Thanks Ed

Attachments

• IMG_4933.jpg
    IMG_4933.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4934.jpg
    IMG_4934.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Mill Issue.jpg
    Mill Issue.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 103
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
A few things to looks at, in the simulation does the occlusion look like that or does it look clear all the way through the .7 or .3? The other thing is that it could be the touch off button going bad and giving faulty measurement readings. How old is the mill?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Is it only on the upper side ?? wrong Z on 2 mm burr roughing operation ?! how many offset 0.1 or 0.05

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Is it only on the upper side ?? wrong Z on 2 mm burr roughing operation ?! how many offset 0.1 or 0.05

Wieland offset on 2.5mm is 0.05.

E

EdwardS

Reaction score
Thanks for the input the guys, ivoclar did some testing and its failing most of the limit switch tests including the push button limit switch. And this unit is out of warranty :(

E

EdwardS

Reaction score
Wieland offset on 2.5mm is 0.05.

Sevan, can i buy a S1 from a different company say talladium and run it with the wieland cam software. Would it be plug and play? Also is your s1 from talladium? Hows their support and warranty. Thanks Ed

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yes you can, but the nc file must run through the wielland cnc dongle to get converted to the working nc file that the did dongle can read. So tou need to own both brands of mills. It may seem complex but it is not, just some simply folder sharing and cut and copy. Call talladium and ask for jason Frazier, he is the master behind all the mills. Limit switches are easy to fix and cheap when you get them from the right place. Ivoclar will be big $. If you gonna cut only set go with the K5 instead of the S1. Pm me and we can talk, over the phone would be best.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Sevan P is always there to help, I called him before and he answered my questions.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Take care for the future DS cam was "free" now they are part of Ivoclar not sure they are happy supporting VHF mills in the future with their Stategies ??!! If i would be CEO i would know how to handle !!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Now with the new programill coming out who knows what's going to happen. But right now with the select and hybrid select it is identical to the s1/k5 and s2, same with the mini and k4. But in reality the cam calls out the tools the cnc calls out the the tools location. But DS cam I think has strategies for VHF if you were to purchase the cam directly from them, it's like sum3d or hyperdent or any other cam software.

So the current output from the wieland cam is a folder name with numbers and letters,inside is a worknc file, screenshot jpeg and png. Once the file hits the cnctransfer folder the dongle for the ivoclar mill (cnc dongle) converts the folder to the configured setting from the cam software. Then the dongke breaks the worknc file down to the individual worknc files and creates the txt files for the tool call out and other info. Once converted it is now readable by the vhf cnc software. But it still can't read the tools, so the cnc light on the cnc file is red. This is where you need the set folder from the ivoclar transfer folder, copy and replace the vhf set folder and your done. Now you could just create the new tools but some of the vhf tools have the same tool number.

So this is my wielland mini pc and central cam for all three mills, I cam on one cam with a second seat added to the mini dongle for the select. All my files run directly through the cnc for the mini, so locally converted. Then I simply cut and paste to the needed mills cnc transfer folder that is shared from each mills computer. Then using a software called synergy I simply move the mouse over to the needed pc to start the cnc, done.

I was running all my select files over the network through the hybrid select cnc but ran into problems with the cnc converting the worknc file before it was fully transferred and I was missing the worknc files for the front side finish and anatomy. So I tried a single unit through the mini cnc and worked fine, since then I run every thing through the mini cnc since it is local on the cam pc, then once folder is created I then cut and paste and wait for the file to load in the cnc and go go go.

Even the guy thay came out from ivoclar to set up my hybrid select and mini was like say what! And even wieland troy, no tripped out on my setup.

That full arch bridge in the pics was cammed on wieland cam and cut on vhf s1, i even created custom tools for implant bridges and created them in the cnc software on the vhf and e everything works great.

Toolk my one day to figure all this out.

Where there is a will there is a way! Remember that, lol. I don't expect support for my vhf mill from ivoclar just for the cam software while in the software everything else is on my own and I know this, some people just don't understand going out on your own like this is at your own risk.

-sevan
766fedc431d9b7bfc0e3ab6e5e1b4a8b.jpg
aa868b76a1177276244e318c4c4fab00.jpg
321b587ccb4656bf75ebab61fbf4ed50.jpg
7bcd7c758153e76359710d5da160ace3.jpg
826afaaf173a2cbb0251fe714b555181.jpg

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
If i where CEO i would kick you off with a simple firmware update done. For example auto check cnc controller number.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Except firmware update are not automatic nor required unless upgrading tok a much higher version, so if it ain t broke don't touch it. HA! Lol

E

EdwardS

Reaction score
Update: I had the guys at ivoclar do more thurow testing and turns out the only limit switch thats failing is the one in the arm under the touch off pad. This calls for replacing the entire arm and an onsite call $8-11K :(

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
We currently run 6 mills: 4 different models from different manufacturers and of the mills that we use, the weiland has been more trouble by far...more service calls in 3 months than all the other mills combined for the past year (and the cam just sucks, designed to overuse burrs and waste materials on purpose to bump up consumables sales for the manufacturers IMO) :(
I have 'heard' that is the reason Ivoclar is shifting gears with their own mills...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Update: I had the guys at ivoclar do more thurow testing and turns out the only limit switch thats failing is the one in the arm under the touch off pad. This calls for replacing the entire arm and an onsite call $8-11K :(

Yikes on the quote $$$. How long have you had the mill, is it within a normal wear and tear amount of time of needing to be replaced?

We currently run 6 mills: 4 different models from different manufacturers and of the mills that we use, the weiland has been more trouble by far...more service calls in 3 months than all the other mills combined for the past year (and the cam just sucks, designed to overuse burrs and waste materials on purpose to bump up consumables sales for the manufacturers IMO) :(
I have 'heard' that is the reason Ivoclar is shifting gears with their own mills...

I've heard that before, that the selects can be a bit more "temperamental" and are more high maintenance compared to the, my Mini.
If I ever add or upgrade to a 5 axis, I'd probably consider a different companies mill.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yeah NO! Switch can be found for cheap only thing is labor, I had to switch that one out and it was a bitch. I had to remove the a whole arm, but it can be done without removing it. Small hands and a soldering iron and a sh!t load of patience.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
If youj use the basic burs for sure, i run diamonds all month long No issues. And for the cam, it is much faster then millbox, easier to setup then sum3d and on the proper computer calcul area like a beast. A buddy of mine calculated a full arch implant bridge In 3 minutes on a xenon e5. For what it is, it does a lot more then other cams.

E

EdwardS

Reaction score
Yes I think I am going to try and fix it myself. The unit is 3 years old its a select dry S1 (that's without the changer). Has just over 2,000 hours on the spindle.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Call Talladium on monday, ask for jason Frazier, if he is not in ask for jason smith. Ask them if they are willing to sell you the switch. Tell them sevan sent you, they are 40 min away from our lab. Great bunch of guys. I have a extra vhf brand switch, identically the same if they refuse then maybe I can sell you mine, but they will sell you one.

E

EdwardS

Reaction score
I think ivoclar will sell me one as well $39.99 if I'm not mistaking but glad to know i have a back up. Thank you!!