Milling and printing in office

D

DrG

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am a Periodontist looking at printing my surgical guides and milling some peek or PMMA custom healing abutments and temporary crowns.
I have an older iTero but am upgrading to the new 3shape color with implant studio module.
I understand I need a 3D printer for my guides and a mill the rest.
Budget: for a 3 D printer; less than 15-17k, Mill, no idea.
I have looked at the Asiga and formlab for guides, no idea for mills.
Any info would be greatly appreciated .
Thanks
DrG

D

DrG

Reaction score
Looks like the Microlay DentalFab is worth looking at...

D

DrG

Reaction score
Well, on paper it looks easy. But of course I don't know what I don't know.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
it looks easy.

m5sj7958ygdz.gif

7a4im8iilriz.gif

oT5HiWf.gif

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Save yourself the headache and send it to a lab. I can assure you, you don't know what you're getting yourself into. ;)

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am a Periodontist looking at printing my surgical guides and milling some peek or PMMA custom healing abutments and temporary crowns.
I have an older iTero but am upgrading to the new 3shape color with implant studio module.
Thanks
DrG

This is no different than any other piece of equipment and system you have chosen to bring into your practice. There is the COG calculation and the image vs. hassle issue. Only you can determine what it's worth. Depending where you are, it may be worth doing, esp. if you have excess staff labor that is unusually technically inclined and no viable local lab to work with you. Nothing is plug-and-play, contrary to what we all have been told for years. Everything in this business is expensive, so if it seems too easy or cheap to be true, there is a reason.

If there's a viable lab choice close by, working with them might be a better ticket.

I realize that no one has answered the specific equipment questions you asked, but that isn't likely as what is available changes all the time and we use our equipment for it's functional life. Ask your potential vendors for contact info on 3 to 5 customers and ask them about whether it will meet your goals.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Thanks
DrG
For what it's worth, we have an Asiga Max and love it. Awesome printer, very accurate. Be prepared for a serious learning curve when nesting surgical guides. You can get a Formlabs, but there's a reason why a Max is $14k and a Form2 is $4k. There is definitely $10k worth of difference.

alfredmorad@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Thanks
DrG

Hi DrG
My name is Al Morad, I am the sales manager for Axsys Dental Solutions. I would like to help you in your quest for a mill and printer.

After viewing your recent post, I thought it might be a good opportunity for you to learn about us, our VersaMIll 5XS Precision Dental Machining Center.

The Knowledge gained from our employees experiences, CNC repair technician, nearly 40 years of CAD/CAM/CNC manufacturing experience in the industrial sector enables us to compare solutions such as the one you are proposing from an in-depth technological and price/performance perspective. It also enables us to provide a level of support that no other distributor of Digital Dental Manufacturing systems is able to provide.

Specifically, have worked with many CAM solutions. As a result, I we intimate knowledge of CAM software's internal structure as well as their strengths and weaknesses in just about any application you could imagine. I encourage you to contact me to discuss this solution and its effectiveness in your application prior to making and purchase decisions.

Relative to our company and solutions, you can find out more through the links I have provided below.

I would be happy to provide references so that you could learn first hand the quality of our solutions and our ability to support the fabrication of complex dental prostheses. One such testimonial can be found in the link to an Inside Dental Technology story on one of our customers as well as the fact that National Dentex Corporation has standardizd on our VersaMIll 5XS and has over 15 in production in their organization.

I sincerely believe it would be in your best interest to at least take a look through our website before you make your final machine purchase decision.

If you would allow, I would love to talk to you about this. If you decide to do so my email address is: [email protected] and my cellular number is 734-260-3022 office number is 248-926-8810. Of course we can always communicate through this or any new conversation thread.

Thank you for your time,
Sincerely
AL Morad

Our Vesamill 5XS full 5-axis Machining Center, CAM, Training, Material, Tooling and Machine Control and our outstanding support team...all for under $30,000! Please check us out at www.axsysdental.com or call me anytime at 248-926-8810

A

a3dl

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Thanks
DrG
If you are in the US, I have a doc that does this in house. Pm me for details and I can put you in touch with him

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i know her, she used to work at laserdenta

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
Yes. The good old days of laserdenta....or not so good.