Medit Identica Light

J

John C

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone here has experience with this scanner and if there are any negatives associated with it. I'm looking to go digital and this seems like a good starting point. I would like some opinions. Thanks

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
We have the hybrid, all in all a good scanner but it cant do post and core, the light technology just cant see down inside the prep.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Don't know much about the new version, the old one had a few issues, guess they fixed those...I got a Blue and very I'm happy w/ it...

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
We have the hybrid, all in all a good scanner but it cant do post and core, the light technology just cant see down inside the prep.

For an accurate reading both cameras must see the light strip, for a narrow deep impression is optically impossible...true for all scanners out there...

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Sirona inEOs blue does it every time

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
You are correct, it is non steroscopic, which is the only reason it works. Personally I consider it a boat anchor and would love to get rid of it but its keeping us hostage for post an core.

Currently working on a solution to pour a matrix in the prep that can be removed in one piece, then scanned with the hybrid

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Back in my 3shape days (was still doing one piece Zr posts)...scanned the impression for the root canal, then scanned the model for the non readable parts...and stitched/cleaned-up the two scans together using Meshlab...not counting the challenges of getting it milled...it was PITA... Nowadays only doing opaqued soft gold the analogue way...less headache if something's going to fail...

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Back in my 3shape days (was still doing one piece Zr posts)...scanned the impression for the root canal, then scanned the model for the non readable parts...and stitched/cleaned-up the two scans together using Meshlab...not counting the challenges of getting it milled...it was PITA... Nowadays only doing opaqued soft gold the analogue way...less headache if something's going to fail...
Sometimes analogue is the way to go. A post is a prime example.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
We don't do any metal at all, so that's not an option for us. The Medit fight continues.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
might wanna check out DOF scanner. much easier to scan, and it fits full size articulators. very convenient.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I've been using a DOF HD for the last few weeks. Very impressed with this scanner. I have used about 3 or 4 beta versions of the new software that should have an official release in April. Great auto matching of scans and an interproximal scan procedure for solid models.
I haven't found any real bugs, all of the different beta versions have just had changes and improvements suggested by end users.

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Forget about the Medit Light and buy Medit Hybrid or DOF.... either one is a great choice !
Medit Light is several years old but still a good scanner, and little difference in price over the Hybrid !
Hybrid comes with a 2 year warranty and faster scanning.
Which scanner is better, Hybrid/DOF, depends on who you ask :D

Edit: buy from a reseller who has the best support......... Support is as important as the
brand of scanner.. Both DOF and Medit scanners are probably 2 of the best scanners on the market
using Exocad at the time.

Last edited:
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
ALL NONSENSE ! Buy a Trios, better yet: buy two !

[edit: sorry folks, RKM just hacked into my account...thought my password was strong enough: "1234", guess not...changed it, now is backwards, he'll never figure that one out ;)]

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I've been using a DOF HD for the last few weeks. Very impressed with this scanner. I have used about 3 or 4 beta versions of the new software that should have an official release in April. Great auto matching of scans and an interproximal scan procedure for solid models.
I haven't found any real bugs, all of the different beta versions have just had changes and improvements suggested by end users.

Hope my wish list was part of the updates!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
ALL NONSENSE ! Buy a Trios, better yet: buy two !

[edit: sorry folks, RKM just hacked into my account...thought my password was strong enough: "1234", guess not...changed it, now is backwards, he'll never figure that one out ;)]
Sounds like the code some idiot would have on his luggage.

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
2t what scanner did you use before ? Can you compare to DOF HD