Medit Blue feedback from owners

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everybody , I am looking for feedback from Medit Blue owners , I am seriously thinking of buying one . I am mostly interested into screw retained restorations and bars . Has anyone done anything like this ? If yes how did this end up ? Did you manage to get passive fit ?

Thanks in advance .

C

charles007

Reaction score
No owner of the Blue but I have spies,,,only buy the newer 2015 Blue that's just been released..
Not saying anything is wrong with the 1st generation Blue model... just a word of caution..

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new scanner too... I'd definitely be interested in some info as well.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Are you a sponsor?

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
I have a blue, i like it. only had it a month and the biggest so far was a 6 unit br with 5 abutments, fit was good. i haven't done any screw-retained implant cases so i cant comment, sorry.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
No owner of the Blue but I have spies,,,only buy the newer 2015 Blue that's just been released..
Not saying anything is wrong with the 1st generation Blue model... just a word of caution..

So what are your spies telling you Charles ?? If I buy it , it will be the second generation model . I like the fact I can fit a whole articulator in there , and that it has new led light . From what I saw it looks like the GC scanner I currently have , which is led blue light .

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
I've had mine ( Medit Blue) since April. I haven't done any bars but I've done a bunch of milled custom ti abutments and screw retained hybrid zircs bridges and singles.....all have been spot on, I'm happy camper! :)

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I've had mine ( Medit Blue) since April. I haven't done any bars but I've done a bunch of milled custom ti abutments and screw retained hybrid zircs bridges and singles.....all have been spot on, I'm happy camper! :)

Happy to hear !!!

I am milling lots of Ti and CoCr , bars and screw retained stuff , so this is my main interest . I am sure that it can handle the simple stuff , but can it handle the more accuracy needed stuff ?? This is my main concern .. What library you're using ??

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I have a blue, i like it. only had it a month and the biggest so far was a 6 unit br with 5 abutments, fit was good. i haven't done any screw-retained implant cases so i cant comment, sorry.

What implant systems are you guys restoring, and what scan bodies are you using?....Thanks

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
I only get nobel cases, replace & select, so I have a few DDG scan markers, I don't get a whole lot of implant work

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
I have been using Target 3D (DDG) and NT Trading, depends on what milling center I use for what I need to get done. So far I've restored Zimmer, Nobel and Astra. I have a few clients using a lot of Magagen implants now and so I'm waiting on scan markers from them. Basically have been just "piecemealing" the scan markers as needed, lol
I haven't had any requests to do any bars but if I did I would not hesitate getting the bar module since I've had good success w/ C&B

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Seems that I can't find anyone milling bars and screw retained stuff with the Blue ..

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Give Axsys Dental Solutions a call....They sell Medit Blue and Exocad...They may be able to help or put you in touch with someone who has experience with the bar module?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Chris @ Axsys is your man to talk to for bars; forewarning though because STL output is a very wonky system of triangles, the implant interfaces should be replaced in the milling software (and dentmill can do that)