MCX5 info

O

OCDL

Reaction score
Hello all,
Would like to hear from the guys and gals who are already using it... Is it worth while investment?
Does it do all the company hypes it up to do..
I already own a 4 axis dry mill which I'm very happy with..
All input good and bad would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
From what I have seen it is the best mill they have launched yet. Don't use it so don't know if it is open to all files. Why the mcx5 and not other 5axis mills?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

X

Xydorf

Reaction score
Hello all,
Would like to hear from the guys and gals who are already using it... Is it worth while investment?
Does it do all the company hypes it up to do..
I already own a 4 axis dry mill which I'm very happy with..
All input good and bad would be appreciated.
Thanks

we have it for our in house lab. It is very nice

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
There are many pluses and many minuses, in my view, but at least there is tech support at no charge and Patterson dental is in almost every city to repair it. And I believe 2 or 3 years warranty, I am not sure. Unfortunately it did not work out for me for the reasons that are unique to my situation.
I would suggest to really do the research.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jaemin Lee

Jaemin Lee

Reaction score
If you have customers who are already using CEREC system, then MCX5 will be the best choice. But if you're thinking about operating it with 3shape or exocad rather than inLab 15 or 16, please don't take it. It won't give you any privilege worth the investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

mptz

Reaction score
no other cam inlab limited

Jaemin Lee

Jaemin Lee

Reaction score
no other cam inlab limited

I know, but it can get stl from other design programs. In that case, I don't think it is worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

mptz

Reaction score
yes you can give it stl from other sources but the cam will only do so much if you do complex implant the cam cannot cope just basic crown and bridge your ok minimum bur size is 0.5mm

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
For zirconia 0.5 mm burr is good. For 1:1 milling it did not do well for me. I thought Sirona released 0.3mm burr.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
M

mmbh

Reaction score
We have one. We have cerec clients, that was our justification for buying it. Yes it does work great with cerec clients. Actually mills zirconia very well, mills emax just fine as well as other materials and is very quick from wet to dry. Pluses: patterson technical support onsite is quick, they have a large technical network, granted they really don't know much about this machine. 3 year warranty. Negatives: Overpriced...Dealing with Sirona... Would I buy one again, probably not. I'd buy the annual stl export license and mill in another machine for a whole lot cheaper. We don't mill alot of emax because it is costly and slow, but when we do need one asap it is nice. The mill does have the native ability to import other file types like stl to mill without purchasing any additional licenses. Latest indication is for titanium abutment milling. Medentika PreFace abutments.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I have one and it works well for me. I also have a VHF 3+1 axis to compare it to. The VHF mills thin margins whereas the X5 needs th margins thickened up to prevent chipping. This is not a huge issue to me though. It can only be used with Sirona CAM, but it is pretty good CAM and very simple to use. One example of the simplicity is that you can click on a button to minimize undercuts on large bridges, etc.
The wet and dry functions switch without any issues for me. I just use some paper towels to dry the machine so that the zirconia dust does not cake up inside. I mills emax very well, but it is slow compared to the MCXL (40 min vs 17-I mill on extra fine). If you do not have an emax mill it is nice to be able to turn one around quickly.
It is one of only 2 systems FDA approved for in-house abutment milling-screw retained zirconia, etc. Patterson has techs everywhere to help repair it if needed and the machine is a 3 year warranty on parts.
I hope this helps.