MCX5 communication error

12yearsatech

Reaction score
My mill overnight has lost the ability to boot. When I attempt to power it on it gets stuck with the yellow indicator light on the power button. The internal lights do not turn on and it is unreachable on my connected PC. Has anyone had this happen before? We are out of warranty and if I can skip patterson coming out an instead just order the part I would prefer that. Thank you so much.

M

marcoastrologo dentalLab

Reaction score
Hi, have you found an answer to this problem? as we have the same problem here and no one can find a solution. :(

G

grantoz

Reaction score
cant you ask sirona or are they not interested in technicians?

M

marcoastrologo dentalLab

Reaction score
cant you ask sirona or are they not interested in technicians?
We did but still no solution. They said it might be the main board that needs to be changed but changing the main board did nothing, still with the same problem a week later.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
yep thats what i thought

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
I don't know your mill, but if it won't boot up and the main board isn't the issue, I'd look at the fuses and/or the power supply, there may be more than one. If your mill has an on-board PC, the issue can also be at that point.
Hard to do real diagnostics if you aren't trained to do so, but just re-seating all the internal cable connections can sometimes revive a mystery-faulted machine. It's happened to me before with our PM7, we thought it was the mainboard that had failed (used to be common with the older PM7 mainboard) but a cable connecting the power supply to the mainboard had gradually loosened from vibrations during use, and it finally disconnected 6 months after we set the mill up.

M

marcoastrologo dentalLab

Reaction score
changed the main board and controller module, now it's working finally. Thank you all for your replies!