3 Shape Axis Arm Error

T

Tobiasz

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Was wondering if anyone is familiar with axis arm errors? Our E3 3shape scanner will get this odd axis error and we cant seem to figure it out. If we unplug all the cords and power going to the scanner for a few days it starts to work for a few weeks but then stops. I can get it to calibrate but as soon as I open 3shape dental manager the axis arm starts going back and forth and losses its home position. Or it will say scan server not connected but it is connected. I've tried to set it up on another pc with a working scanner but the issues keep popping up.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Typically I find axis errors to happen when the computer stops the scanner before it returns to Home, or if an outside source changes the arm position. This sounds different than anything I've seen though and more serious than that. You probably need to have your reseller hop on and look into it. There are some manual calibration functions that need a password to access so you'll need them to do that if it is in any way related to the problem.

It sounds like it may be something bigger that needs 3Shapes involvement, you'll need to go through the first step of your reseller to get there though. If your reseller is being vague or non helpful ask for it to be escalated to 3Shape.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
sounds like the encoders on the motors are not keeping position. send the scanner for repair to your reseller.