What a rough ride...

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
It's been over 2 weeks since our Origin 5000 arrived, and now it's finally up and running. Feels like almost everything that could go wrong, did.

First, the UPS delivery guy couldn't even unload the thing. Pretty crappy service, considering it was a $4400 door to door delivery. We had to reschedule, and rent a forklift for $500 just to unload it.

Then, it turns out that the spindle wasn't a Jaeger. Not only that, the spindle was dead. We had to wait a few days for a tech to arrive and replace it. Of course, he forgot to bring some parts, which took another 2 days to arrive. They had no new parts available, so we're stuck with used ones.

The network plug doesn't work consistently. It had to be plugged directly to the pc inside to work, which isn't a big deal but, considering it's a new machine, quite unacceptable.

There's also a few things missing, like the titanium disc holder, pressure gauge holder, coolant container lid, etc.

The nesting pc was a total disaster. It wouldn't boot. Turns out the hdd wasn't even connected inside. That's one piss poor job of building a pc. After hdd was connected, it turned on once, then wouldn't power up again. I had to go and put a pc together myself so we could test the mill on time.

The mayka software wasn't installed properly. It was missing the implant function, kept crashing, and was half in French. It's been fixed, more or less, and it works now. Some of it's still in French, though. Not a big deal since I can understand well enough, but, really, I don't think I should be stuck with such incomplete work.

It's been a long two weeks... I'm probably forgetting a few things. oh well.

All this after getting the machine months late. Some of it's not B&D's fault, but the wide range of issues are very concerning. They really need to tighten up things.

That said, it's GREAT to have it up and running. Things actually fit now! muhaha!

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
My new workspace. Kinda cramped but happy

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
uploadfromtaptalk1342048824275.jpg

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
WOW what a saga, were they dells PC's or does origin subcontract to someone else?

How did they address all the other issues? Was it like it happens to everyone? I know I would have had them come get everything and then go elsewhere. For what you spent the thing should be PERFECT

Glad its working now, what did you mill first?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
holy wow

uhhhh, not the first nightmare ive heard from Origin purchasers.

though ive heard just as many praises.....but wow, thats a nightmare.

how are the end results coming out?

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
WOW what a saga, were they dells PC's or does origin subcontract to someone else?

How did they address all the other issues? Was it like it happens to everyone? I know I would have had them come get everything and then go elsewhere. For what you spent the thing should be PERFECT

Glad its working now, what did you mill first?

Origin has a guy who makes the PCs... so, yeah, that one's on them. There's still a couple minor issues like the lan port, jacked up screw and what not, but it's milling properly. Considering the money we spent, we're not very happy with how things have gone, and still are. I don't even know what I can order, because they won't send me a proper material/price list.

Milled pmma first, along with some zirconia. I'm stilll feeling my way, trying to get used to the machine and how it responds. It was quite funny, comparing the results to the inlab side by side. inlab is a total joke.

holy wow

uhhhh, not the first nightmare ive heard from Origin purchasers.

though ive heard just as many praises.....but wow, thats a nightmare.

how are the end results coming out?

Well, I guess it's a bit of a hit or miss, and we got unlucky. At least, there's nowhere to go but up.

Results have been excellent, as expected, especially when everything went smoothly. Things haven't gone very smoothly till now, but I think the major problems are behind me. Hopefully, smooth sailing from now on.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
''Hopefully, smooth sailing from now on. ''

I wish that for you ! My D40 arrives next Wednesday and I can't wait !! It has been a long 3 months for me !

So did they replace the IMT spindle ? And you got a used one ? How is that possible ? Are they going to replace it with a new one ?

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
''Hopefully, smooth sailing from now on. ''

I wish that for you ! My D40 arrives next Wednesday and I can't wait !! It has been a long 3 months for me !

So did they replace the IMT spindle ? And you got a used one ? How is that possible ? Are they going to replace it with a new one ?

The used part is something else not the spindle. It looks like a 1kw jager though I have no way to tell if it's nrw.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Have to agree with John, i would of sent the whole lot back and walked away.

This seems like a good indication of the hassle your going to have every time there's a problem, hopefully im wrong.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I don't even know what I can order, because they won't send me a proper material/price list.QUOTE]

I never ever like to make anyone feel bad especially after what you have gone through, please take this as constructive criticism. This is your fault....

When ever I am going to partner with a company on a piece of equipment where they produce the sundries for it I always negotiate the price of the material first. While manufactures definitely make money off their machines its the materials that they make the most off of over the life of those machines. Like anything else if you buy open, you have your choice of materials to use but negotiating up front allows you more leverage.

Good luck, I am sure you will get it all worked out, the guys at Origin seem to be putting out fine products

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I don't even know what I can order, because they won't send me a proper material/price list.QUOTE]

I never ever like to make anyone feel bad especially after what you have gone through, please take this as constructive criticism. This is your fault....

When ever I am going to partner with a company on a piece of equipment where they produce the sundries for it I always negotiate the price of the material first. While manufactures definitely make money off their machines its the materials that they make the most off of over the life of those machines. Like anything else if you buy open, you have your choice of materials to use but negotiating up front allows you more leverage.

Good luck, I am sure you will get it all worked out, the guys at Origin seem to be putting out fine products

Thats' good advice John, why the heck didn't you post that about 6 years ago before I bought my Piccollo?

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Considering the money you spent? I would send it back, and buy a different system. My dealings with B&D with their scans, and mills have been awful. Stopped using them because I was tired of all the excuses for their own machines not being able to do what they say it can do.

3ShapeTrios

Reaction score
It's been over 2 weeks since our Origin 5000 arrived, and now it's finally up and running. Feels like almost everything that could go wrong, did.

First, the UPS delivery guy couldn't even unload the thing. Pretty crappy service, considering it was a $4400 door to door delivery. We had to reschedule, and rent a forklift for $500 just to unload it.

Then, it turns out that the spindle wasn't a Jaeger. Not only that, the spindle was dead. We had to wait a few days for a tech to arrive and replace it. Of course, he forgot to bring some parts, which took another 2 days to arrive. They had no new parts available, so we're stuck with used ones.

The network plug doesn't work consistently. It had to be plugged directly to the pc inside to work, which isn't a big deal but, considering it's a new machine, quite unacceptable.

There's also a few things missing, like the titanium disc holder, pressure gauge holder, coolant container lid, etc.

The nesting pc was a total disaster. It wouldn't boot. Turns out the hdd wasn't even connected inside. That's one piss poor job of building a pc. After hdd was connected, it turned on once, then wouldn't power up again. I had to go and put a pc together myself so we could test the mill on time.

The mayka software wasn't installed properly. It was missing the implant function, kept crashing, and was half in French. It's been fixed, more or less, and it works now. Some of it's still in French, though. Not a big deal since I can understand well enough, but, really, I don't think I should be stuck with such incomplete work.

It's been a long two weeks... I'm probably forgetting a few things. oh well.

All this after getting the machine months late. Some of it's not B&D's fault, but the wide range of issues are very concerning. They really need to tighten up things.

That said, it's GREAT to have it up and running. Things actually fit now! muhaha!

Is B&D doing anything to make up for their mistakes?