Looking for split cast system ..

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
I am looking for a split cast (magnetic) system for post processing calibration. Preferably something that works with calibrated Stratos and Mark 320 articulators. What are you all using?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I am looking for a split cast (magnetic) system for post processing calibration. Preferably something that works with calibrated Stratos and Mark 320 articulators. What are you all using?
Just paint the entire model with separator, divest the denture and model, then reattach to the original mounting using the index and equilibrate.

Is this what you are asking? I may not understand what you are asking.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
yeah. thats what i do. Looking for something magnetic without having to rig something homemade.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
yeah. thats what i do. Looking for something magnetic without having to rig something homemade.
Do you mean to hold the model back onto the mounting while equilibrating? The dab of superglue isnt enough? or annoying? You could use pindex pins. They make ones that are made to attach the mounting to the model there is a little clip.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I think I understand now. You're wanting to be able to separate the cast off of the denar mount side. First before mounting paint with sodium silicate for separating. Do your business, then just use 50/50 Elmer's glue and water.

You want something faster then hold the cast to the pattie.. put a bead of super glue around the edge. Then rub it in with a q-tip. That will be strong enough to hold it together around the perimeter.

Now if you don't care what it looks or you're not wanting to send it back on the mount, skip the glues and get a hot glue gun.

There's several ways to do it, however if you key your cast, you can skip any fancy, accumulatively expensive gadgets to use in mounting. Just go back to basics.