Looking for Millable White wax that carves by hand nicely

C

Carlos Robayo CDT

Reaction score
Hello community.. I am looking for a good white wax for waxups that can be milled but also easily adjusted by hand carving.. I know hard to find the right balance.. please recommend the brand and name. We know the whole chat about plastic vs wax contents, etc.. Thanks a million..

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Whip Mix life like....just a bit to much plastic, IMO.
TD Dental, a little better.
I have a disc of Sagemax white that I haven't tried yet, but if Ivoclar makes a white wax (I think they may only have blue and yellow?) and if it's anything like the blue, may be something to check into. Their wax is a bit pricey, though.

C

Carlos Robayo CDT

Reaction score
Whip Mix life like....just a bit to much plastic, IMO.
TD Dental, a little better.
I have a disc of Sagemax white that I haven't tried yet, but if Ivoclar makes a white wax and if it's anything like the blue, may be something to check into. Their wax is a bit pricey, though.
Hello Car 54, thank you for that.. let me know how the Sagemax wax is and I'll try TD as well as talk to Ivolcar.. thanks!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, but please also wait for others to chime in before you place an order, as they may have better suggestions. The Ivoclar blue is closer to a wax feel so far, for me, so hopefully they make a white.

Last edited:
rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
WAX Sideview.jpg

ALL WAX BURNS OUT CLEAN !

Sizes Available - 98x10,12,14,16,18,20,25mm
( We can cut custom sizes - Small Fee )

Brown - $10
Gray - $15
Beige - $15
White - $15

user name

user name

Reaction score
Jensens white mills nice and can be carved, but Ive had to rubber wheel a slightly sharper edge on the carver.

C

Carlos Robayo CDT

Reaction score
View attachment 31251

ALL WAX BURNS OUT CLEAN !

Sizes Available - 98x10,12,14,16,18,20,25mm
( We can cut custom sizes - Small Fee )

Brown - $10
Gray - $15
Beige - $15
White - $15
Hello rc75, thanks for the info. Can the white one be carved by hand?? we mill them and then do touch ups with regular waxing tools..

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Biege wax from TD, Argen, Talladium and AP esthetics. Argen and AP will need to have a altered strategy so the wax doesn't melt to the burs, td and talladium seem to be more aryclic based but still very nice and easy to add and acrve to post milling.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hello community.. I am looking for a good white wax for waxups that can be milled but also easily adjusted by hand carving.. I know hard to find the right balance.. please recommend the brand and name. We know the whole chat about plastic vs wax contents, etc.. Thanks a million..

I just found out that Jensen also has a white wax in a tin? for adding onto their milled wax for touch ups. I think their white wax disc only comes in 16mm, though?

Whip Mix Life Like discs also have tins of Life Like add on wax, at least the last time I ordered it. For light add-ons and touch ups it all kinda blends into each other, as I use the life like add on wax on top of TD Dentals milled white wax.

user name

user name

Reaction score
CAD wax patterns arent scaled, so a 16mm is the functional equivalent of a 20mm Zr.

Not enough?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
No, to much. I want a 12mm, also. Most of my milled wax ups only need 12mm, and 16 seems such a waste, esp at ~ $25.00 for the 16mm disc, compared to TD Dentals 12mm at $15.00

user name

user name

Reaction score
I honestly dont mind paying more for Jensens. Theyre providing me with tech support and are working to make me more money. They need to make a buck too.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
They have absolutely been a friend and an ally for you over the years, I completely understand.

queenp

queenp

Reaction score
I like the carvable milled wax from Argen, I use and extra puck to use for hand waxing.