Lithium Disilicate

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I pressed LS2 ingots almost exclusively for over 20 years. No problems,..never thought I would do it any other way. However,...now you don't have to do it anymore! You can mill Zi or LS (not LS2) in the posterior and shade graduated LS2 in the anterior to full contour.
If you don't know why this is a big deal,....well then I just wasted a minute of your time,....nevermind Dontknow
When you say LS2, are you talking about lithium Disilicate? You were pressing that 20 years ago? Really? What brand?

You say you can mill LS in the posterior? Are you saying lithium silicate? What and why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I pressed LS2 ingots almost exclusively for over 20 years. No problems,..never thought I would do it any other way. However,...now you don't have to do it anymore! You can mill Zi or LS (not LS2) in the posterior and shade graduated LS2 in the anterior to full contour.
If you don't know why this is a big deal,....well then I just wasted a minute of your time,....nevermind Dontknow
What brand of LS2 were you milling for the last 20 years?

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
You mention " subtle differences" between the two? So you have compared them in your lab? I have my reasons for going through the trouble to give my docs a chance to see the two. Just like you have your reason for staying with emax( blue block milling I suppose)? I look for the best end result.i assure you, subtle, is not the correct way to describe the difference I am seeing. I also never discuss product I have not personally tested in my lab. If EMax was the best, you better believe I would sing their praises and continue to use it. That's just not the case as far as I see it.. I'm part of the team with my accounts. They depend on me to show them things I believe will benefit the patient as well as themselves. I always give them a choice and I am completely transparent. My only motive is the best end result I can give with my abilities.

I would never mill blue block and I do not care for E-max at all,..I would not be at all surprised if Zublers version looked better than E-max so I tend to believe you. My comment about your having done duplicate cases was made in defense of you my fellow tech dude.

When you say LS2, are you talking about lithium Disilicate? You were pressing that 20 years ago? Really? What brand?

You say you can mill LS in the posterior? Are you saying lithium silicate? What and why?

Yes, Lithium Disilicate

In 1991 I worked in a lab owned by a fella named Lehnart Wahlne. He was one of Jeneric Pentron's (that was their name back then) first Beta labs and we worked for a number of years with Optimal Pressable Ceramic or OPC. Once it was proven and available in the open market I continued to use it almost exclusively until Pentron was swallowed up by Ivoclar about 7 or so years ago and at the same time Uncle Henry took over sole distribution rites

Yes , Lithium Silicate
The product that interests me is called "Suprinity" and it is a hybrid LiS and ZiO amber colored individual block that you should have a look at I think

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm afraid my message got a bit slaughtered by formatting. Hope it's readable UGH

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I worked exclusively with jeneric pentron products 20 years ago. I too used OPC, which was a leucite material. Same as empress. Then they came out with 3G. 3G was a lithium disilicate that was non shaded. That was maybe 10 years ago? Ivoclar purchased thermal or thermo somebody that owned the rights to it. They further developed it and called it emax.

Never used suprinity? You like it better? I assumed youied blue block due to you ceramill.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Yes, you are right about the original OPC,..I forgot about that

AG has only recently offered a converter in order to mill Ivoclar products (blue blocks,...yuck)
Suprinity has only just become available to use in the US due to law suits between Ivoclar and Dentsply. I am going soley on the word of people in Europe who have been working with it for some time now and with whom I have the utmost faith. Chicago should be a kind of US roll out so to speak and I am looking forward to putting this product up front in the lineup ASAP

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Would love to see some pics jason!

What labs are milling suprinity and how much is it compared to a FCZ? PM me if you want.

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, anyone getting dark grey spots on their emax pressings where the sprue meets the unit? ( I have talked to some people I consider masters, and they have changed their sprue placements due to the discoloration) Anyone getting the occasional vertical clear line somewhere on a unit? Anyone seeing value shifts with certain emax ingot shades as well as emax Ceram incisals? Anyone get tired of the ridiculous shrinkage of emax Ceram? Anyone tired of the non vital looking emax ingot material? Anyone tired of REACTION layer from emax ingots and their burnout ovens you press them in?(assuming your not using a Zubler press;) ) the list goes on. And I have personally had these issues and heard from several people seeing the

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, anyone getting dark grey spots on their emax pressings where the sprue meets the unit? ( I have talked to some people I consider masters, and they have changed their sprue placements due to the discoloration) Anyone getting the occasional vertical clear line somewhere on a unit? Anyone seeing value shifts with certain emax ingot shades as well as emax Ceram incisals? Anyone get tired of the ridiculous shrinkage of emax Ceram? Anyone tired of the non vital looking emax ingot material? Anyone tired of REACTION layer from emax ingots and their burnout ovens you press them in?(assuming your not using a Zubler press;) ) the list goes on. And I have personally had these issues and heard from several people seeing the same thing.

I get the dark spots at the sprue joint and non completed margins on my emax with Zubler pressing machine.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Its really annoying!!!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I get the dark spots at the sprue joint and non completed margins on my emax with Zubler pressing machine.

Yes, use zublers concept press material instead of emax[emoji6]

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I must agree. Not really my style either. Nice try though Jason.
oh stop that chris, that's exactly your style!!

but seriously, do you have a solution for him? hes using a zubler press...

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score

Sikboy, I need to talk to you on the phone. Give me a call. Furthermore, I do not believe we ever really finished working on your settings. If it so annoying, why aren't you calling me?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I know, I know..... I was pressing emax really well too....[emoji4]

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Sikboy, I need to talk to you on the phone. Give me a call. Furthermore, I do not believe we ever really finished working on your settings. If it so annoying, why aren't you calling me?
I think he is from the upside down part of the world.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
oh stop that chris, that's exactly your style!!

but seriously, do you have a solution for him? hes using a zubler press...

Yes, I can solve his problem, I just need more information. It makes no sense to throw solutions up on a board without understanding the problem first.