Vita Vacumat 6000M - mod to IPS Emax CAD parameters for faster crystallization time

E

em2087

Reaction score
Hope you all are well.

I've noticed at the end of the e.max CAD crystallization process there is a cooling period. Once the temp is down from 840 C to 700 C then the chamber door opens and you can pick up the restoration.

Unfortunately, the Suprinity PC blocks have the same issue, you need to wait for the temp to decrease from 840 to 680 C before the oven chamber door opens up. This seems to be the case in Programat cs2 oven, but not apparently on Sirona speed fire or VITA Smartfire ovens.

So currently on my VITA vacuum, 6000 M takes 14 minutes to speed crystalize IPS Emax CAD. Add 3-4 minutes for the cooling, so technically my restoration is out by 18 minutes.

I there an adverse effect on lithium disilicate if I program the VITA oven door to open up as soon as the crystallization is over? The only place I've seen it done is for the corrective glazing process, the door opens up as soon as crystallization is over, and that's for IPS e.max CAD, IPS zircad CAD, and Suprinity PC material. I didn't have time to check other material glazing processes, I assume it's the same.

So my question is really is it the oven or the material that is the bottleneck here? Is there a slow cooling process that is required for completion of crystallization of emax CAD or the slow colling is to protect the oven over time and even though the lithium disilicate is ready to be taken out already?

Thank you all

Top Bottom