Lithium Disilicate

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
You can't see a significant reason? What did you see personally when you fabricated restorations with it? How did it compare to your emax restorations side by side?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You havent even seen the product yet, how would you know if there is any significant value?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Sorry Ron, I thought you had tried it.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Ron - Up to you how to handle this with your doc. We are not planning on pushing to doctors right now. Funny you ask though, I showed some info to my personal dentist when I went in for a checkup, asked him if he would mind if a lab sent him this vs. max and he told me that he only prescribes max because its the only version of the material available. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems like this is more of a prescription pad issue in my mind.

I am not aware of any patient infringement.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Will you have a selection similar to the Value and Opal ingots? I like them a lot for veneers and inlays.

More information will be available soon. I think you should all keep an eye on our Facebook account. We will be sending info and photos over there. We are going to try and keep up with it during lab day also. Here is the link. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zubler-USA/309103999131326

Until our new website is functional, this is a better place to gather new data about us. Actual brochures and literature are being translated and printed.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
I can't see a significant reason to consider this over emax. Please correct me if I'm missing something.

I understand Ron, you are the skeptic, fair enough. I don't think going back and forth on the DLN will help, you obviously need to try the material. Unfortunately it is not widely available yet. give me your contact info and I will let you know when its ready, or you can friend us on Facebook. Up to you...

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Ron - Up to you how to handle this with your doc. We are not planning on pushing to doctors right now. Funny you ask though, I showed some info to my personal dentist when I went in for a checkup, asked him if he would mind if a lab sent him this vs. max and he told me that he only prescribes max because its the only version of the material available. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems like this is more of a prescription pad issue in my mind.

I am not aware of any patient infringement.
Is you doctor dissatisfied with emax, so to readily switch to this new offering? Is there a marketable difference with Concept? Or is it a "me too" product? I'm just wondering why a doc having success with emax would switch?

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Is you doctor dissatisfied with emax, so to readily switch to this new offering? Is there a marketable difference with Concept? Or is it a "me too" product? I'm just wondering why a doc having success with emax would switch?

We are more interested in helping the laboratory succeed. We do not want to interfere with your doctors, we would give you an alternative offering to submit as a choice for you or your doctors to decide on. In my mind, this product (like all our products) addresses different issues. We sometimes address issues with weaknesses in a product. Sometimes we produce products that address process issues. Many of our products help the laboratory to succeed instead of sucking their pocket books dry. I submit to you that there is an advantage, obviously. I think we do have a more esthetic product, also more efficient product.

No more until after Chicago. You want more info, come to LAB DAY or go to Facebook. The end for now.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think Chris and Kurt are just tired of helping people get good results with e.max so they decided to make their own Laugh

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, anyone getting dark grey spots on their emax pressings where the sprue meets the unit? ( I have talked to some people I consider masters, and they have changed their sprue placements due to the discoloration) Anyone getting the occasional vertical clear line somewhere on a unit? Anyone seeing value shifts with certain emax ingot shades as well as emax Ceram incisals? Anyone get tired of the ridiculous shrinkage of emax Ceram? Anyone tired of the non vital looking emax ingot material? Anyone tired of REACTION layer from emax ingots and their burnout ovens you press them in?(assuming your not using a Zubler press;) ) the list goes on. And I have personally had these issues and heard from several people seeing the same thing.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Can you reuse the ingots?;)

C

charles007

Reaction score
Ivoclar is branding their emax with brown spots. lol
Excessive shrinkage with emax ceram ! Ivoclar wants us to use/buy more porcelain. lol
Heavy reaction layer... lol
There is an easy answer to solve these problems ;)

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I just finished my second maxillary anterior case with it. The stuff just has a vitality to it that I do not see with emax. I went over the material with my doctors and did a few cases with emax and concept side by side. Let them choose. They said lets go with concept. I put the same effort into both and the concept came out quite a bit better. That's all I can go by. My camera skills suck and I hate to post my work when people are used to seeing Al and dimitris stuff. I would rather one of those guys do something with it to show the potential of the material;)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
will I need to purchase a zubler furnace in order to get those results, Jason? or will my other presses work just fine?

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
I pressed LS2 ingots almost exclusively for over 20 years. No problems,..never thought I would do it any other way. However,...now you don't have to do it anymore! You can mill Zi or LS (not LS2) in the posterior and shade graduated LS2 in the anterior to full contour.
If you don't know why this is a big deal,....well then I just wasted a minute of your time,....nevermind Dontknow

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
I just finished my second maxillary anterior case with it. The stuff just has a vitality to it that I do not see with emax. I went over the material with my doctors and did a few cases with emax and concept side by side. Let them choose. They said lets go with concept. I put the same effort into both and the concept came out quite a bit better. That's all I can go by. My camera skills suck and I hate to post my work when people are used to seeing Al and dimitris stuff. I would rather one of those guys do something with it to show the potential of the material;)

Wait,..........you did a few cases twice so that your Docs could observe the subtle difference between the two materials and choose which one that they would like to pay for?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Wait,..........you did a few cases twice so that your Docs could observe the subtle difference between the two materials and choose which one that they would like to pay for?
You mention " subtle differences" between the two? So you have compared them in your lab? I have my reasons for going through the trouble to give my docs a chance to see the two. Just like you have your reason for staying with emax( blue block milling I suppose)? I look for the best end result.i assure you, subtle, is not the correct way to describe the difference I am seeing. I also never discuss product I have not personally tested in my lab. If EMax was the best, you better believe I would sing their praises and continue to use it. That's just not the case as far as I see it.. I'm part of the team with my accounts. They depend on me to show them things I believe will benefit the patient as well as themselves. I always give them a choice and I am completely transparent. My only motive is the best end result I can give with my abilities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD