Reaction score
has anyone come across a T shaped tool used to bend lingual bars -
i had the best results using this but cannot find it now in any catalogs
any leads?
thanks

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Mine is from SSWhite & I think they have been gone since the late 80's.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
The ortho ply #067 - Lingual Bar and Face Bow Bending Plier is close to my dads SSWhite (he gave to me in 67). Your post made me freak out what would I do if it broke or got lost. Lab Instruments

S

sampson

Reaction score
I lost EVERYTHING in a fire a couple of years ago - hand tools i had for 10 years and were irreplaceable

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I lost EVERYTHING in a fire a couple of years ago - hand tools i had for 10 years and were irreplaceable
I spend 1 weekend day per mo at the fire-station, volunteering(EMTB,CERT,MERT). I may not fear fire, but fear the effects. Even so I purchased a PEX tool and as I work in the basement of my home (like all so many of us) and using RUAPEX 3/4" attached 1 end to the water meter and the other end to the water hose for back yard. (check UR code & insurance). In between I put in 4 sprinklerheads 2 in the lab area 1 in mechanical room, 1 in stairway all on 1 line. (put those in, in 2005 & have a set to put in the garage). The idea is to keep fresh water and no air bubbles in the fire sprinkler (and U know U don't have a dry line). I'm sure U have sprinklers in your new lab, I pray no-one was hurt in the fire,I hope U were able to get sutible replacements, (my wife sais I would probably run to the lab & grab my hand tools before the pictures in the house.) But then my go-bag has respirator's in it.

Last edited:
kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Y'all should also look into jewelry catalogs. They have TONS of pliers for forming metals, often quite a bit less expensive, often from the same mfr, and AVAILABLE.
Here's my favorite Rio Grande Jewelry Making Supplies 800.545.6566.
The printed catalog cost me $10 years ago and they send one free every year after that.
The one to get is "Tools and Equipment".

Last edited:
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I spend 1 weekend day per mo at the fire-station, volunteering(EMTB,CERT,MERT). I may not fear fire, but fear the effects. Even so I purchased a PEX tool and as I work in the basement of my home (like all so many of us) and using RUAPEX 3/4" attached 1 end to the water meter and the other end to the water hose for back yard. (check UR code & insurance). In between I put in 4 sprinklerheads 2 in the lab area 1 in mechanical room, 1 in stairway all on 1 line. (put those in, in 2005 & have a set to put in the garage). The idea is to keep fresh water and no air bubbles in the fire sprinkler (and U know U don't have a dry line). I'm sure U have sprinklers in your new lab, I pray no-one was hurt in the fire,I hope U were able to get sutible replacements, (my wife sais I would probably run to the lab & grab my hand tools before the pictures in the house.) But then my go-bag has respirator's in it.

Man, you are prepared! That's cool - I am impressed.
What sort of Respirator would you recommend?
Going back on track - are we talking about the lingual bracing
arm type clasp, or actual major connector Lingual Bar?
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
has anyone come across a T shaped tool used to bend lingual bars -
i had the best results using this but cannot find it now in any catalogs
any leads?
thanks

For cast clasps, we were given a 'ninja' star type tool in our residency,
I believe either Vitallium or Ticonium supplied it, because some believe
that 3-prong pliers can kink the clasp. Not sure if they still make it.
LCM

Top Bottom