"Lean" production gypsum models

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
To have a good impression scanner + nice bite registration + virtual articulator software + model creating software with virtual ditching enabled + milling or 3d printing machine = no gypsum dental lab

I think this is the future of the dental model, personally i can't imagine a dental lab without all that gypsum miss over there.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
only hiccup in that perfect lab is that the impressions have to have a correct bite, because neither 3shape nor exocad to my knowledge will allow you to modify the bite of a scanned triple tray. the scanner wants you to stitch the two sides together, and since you do that via the outer rim of the impression, it is not easily modified if it is wrong, and it will be wrong quite often.

however, if you are taking Intraoral scans yes you can modify the bite.

and you can work model free on monolithics.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
only hiccup in that perfect lab is that the impressions have to have a correct bite, because neither 3shape nor exocad to my knowledge will allow you to modify the bite of a scanned triple tray. the scanner wants you to stitch the two sides together, and since you do that via the outer rim of the impression, it is not easily modified if it is wrong, and it will be wrong quite often.

however, if you are taking Intraoral scans yes you can modify the bite.

and you can work model free on monolithics.

mill the two models and hang them as you want scan again you are done

no gypsum try again later