Laser sintering SLM

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Looking for feedback on this process. Argen is all I can find doing this. I'm sure there has to be more. Hoping someone has experience with it and with argen or others, good or bad.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
works well from Argen.. it "is what it is" though.. like with anything, you loose some accuracy when you move from hand waxing to more of a "production" flow.
just keep in mind that you will need to "seat" copings. it isn't perfect, but can be dialed in quickly, and is consistent. i'm a big fan of their dpm products.. service/ support is top notch

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have great fits, its economical and it works.

Still a PFM but at least I eliminate a ton of labor!

I think you have two choices here in the states BEGO and ARGEN

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Does bridgework fit good. That's about all I will be using it for. What cement gap setting y'all use?

Last edited:
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
typically you will use the material setting provided by Argen.. they are there in the dme.
no need to change anything, but you can adjust to your preferences after you get a few rolling

A

adl

Reaction score
I used it a couple of times. Fits were very good. What I didn't like I had porosity on the collars and you don't know till you are done.I remember having to use slow cooling on bridges.it took longer to do the porcelain.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I used it a couple of times. Fits were very good. What I didn't like I had porosity on the collars and you don't know till you are done.I remember having to use slow cooling on bridges.it took longer to do the porcelain.

Why the slower than usual cooling??
Porosity? Huh? That's a problem. Anyone else experiencing that? I don't need a bunch of bubbles in my porcelain.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Looking for feedback on this process. Argen is all I can find doing this. I'm sure there has to be more. Hoping someone has experience with it and with argen or others, good or bad.
Bego USA/ Lincoln RI. I saw there machines in action/ friendly people.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Will look at them. Thx

doug

doug

Reaction score
We send a lot of work to Bego. I have one account that does nothing but NP pfm's and it's been a great option. Fits are very good, quick turn around and cost efficient.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Slm has it's issues but those are only parameter setting like drill comp on implant bridges. A larger drill comp will lead to a better fit, meaning bump up the drill comp from Bego or Argend settings. I had a 5 unit implant bridge fit ill. Went in bumped the drill comp setting up by two clicks and it dropped right in. Also increased the die spacer as well. Little stuff like this makes people run away from Slm printing. Just follow their instructions and you should be fine. I did Bego for 500.00 worth and had no issues and now we use argen when needed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
You also have to use a bonder agent after oxidation firing , and before you apply opaque . Otherwise , many cracks will be your companions during porcelain bakes .

smilesatgalleria

smilesatgalleria

Reaction score
For proper feeling of cement you can focus it with the cement material it is the main thing to lookout for.

A

adl

Reaction score
Why the slower than usual cooling??
Porosity? Huh? That's a problem. Anyone else experiencing that? I don't need a bunch of bubbles in my porcelain.
it
It was weird ,the porosity was only on the collars,sonwhwn I was all done with it and was polishing the collars that's when I noticed it. Itvdid not affect the porcelain at all..back then it was only non precious available,I use dsign for porcelain and that's what Ivoclar recommend ed.all this happened a while back . after that I started using Bego cad cast and it is really really good.very good people too

G

GarryB

Reaction score
We use Argen in the UK for SLM NP and CAD Cast precious. Great fits and always reliable.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Y'all have been super helpful. How's argens customer service VS Begos. My experience is that argen always seems a bit full of themselves like there doing me a favor when I call. But have never really done much with them so I may be way off.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
For anyone that has used both. Which would you prefer.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Argen for me between the two. But argen is only 2hr from me in. So in before 3pm Pacific time on Monday in my lab by Wednesday, can't beat that. Customer service is damn good as well.

I have meat the argen team personally and all are good people and know their stuff. They helped me get around my first issue on fitting an implant bridge. Know I know the tips on achieving a better fit never had an issue since.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I have not done any with Argen yet, but Bego I did and I know them all, great people, I buy some of their materials as well, Only 1/2 an hour away from me. I stop by sometimes and do my pick ups.

victormasi

victormasi

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the "bonding agent" that is being used with SLM units?. I have followed the recommended steps for opaquing and performed a quench test upon completion, all the ceramic debonded from the sample unit. BTW no degassing cycle was used.